PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

hotwheelz
07-16-2011, 04:25 PM
As I sit here today learning from the many post, with all the ideas I have in my head of things todo and try, and find some many of you thinking the same or have so in the past. From a guy whos dad want around much and looked around myself to find father type figures were I could. I think of the friends I have made and things I have learned from them the wisdom they have passed onto me. I consider many of you friends and mentors for more then just shotting casting and such but the wisdom alot of you show in many other ways. I have have a good friend whos time is almost over, that has taught me so much about life and reloading casting ect. we had a long talk this morning and I told him how much his friendship has ment to me it was quite for moment and we moved on before it got to sappy but as I was leaving he thanked me for my friendship and the things I have shared with him. As I drive home fighting the moist eye { must have been the pollen} I relize that these kinds of thing's shouldnt go unsaid. So to all of you here my freinds mentors and teachers I say THANK YOU ALL

Sincerly Will

Murphy
07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Will,

A very kind and thoughtful thing of you to post that. Many here could testify to the fact we wished we had told someone how much they meant to us...but too late, they were gone. The light came on for me 11 years ago this summer. I lost my father without ever really telling him what he meant to me. 90 days later, I stood by aunts side and held her hand as they unplugged the machines keeping my uncle alive. He'd became my new mentor & father figure. Sadly a car accident ended that before I got to tell him what he meant to me. After that, I decided I had best get busy telling some folks what they meant to me. My father spent his life on the road, but made us a good living. So, I looked around our small country town for Hero's and mentors. There were 4 of them that will always be a part of me. I got around to each of them within the next 6 months. 2 of them had no idea just how much they had influenced my life. I'm glad I got that done, and it's not always them to leave this ole' world first. Good on ya' for telling the man.

Murphy

David2011
07-16-2011, 05:08 PM
The man who taught me to cast and taught me a great deal about reloading, gunsmithing and firearms went to his reward on July 4 two years ago. He was a true patriot and I thought it most fitting that he leave this world on July 4. I understand the feeiling you had when you left your friend.

This is a homey feeling place to visit. We're lucky to have this quality of mentoring delivered so selflessly. We're lucky to have it.

David