PDA

View Full Version : Labels

Gussy
06-06-2005, 10:42 AM
I store my cast and lubed bullets in plastic pistol shell boxes. The labels that come with them are small and are hard to remove when changing contents. I found the answer to that at the local Staples office supply. They sell packages of computer/written labels. 2 types, nonremoveable and REMOVEABLE. They are the perfect size and just peel off when the contents of a pack are used. Hope this helps some one with the same problem.
Gus

imashooter2
06-06-2005, 11:14 AM
My Home Depot sells rolls of masking tape that work just fine as a low buck substitute...

Gussy
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I used to use that too. The problem I had was when it gets old, it either falls off or if any sun hits it, it's very hard to get off. I also have used shipping labels but they were hard to get off. Sharpies written on the box work and it can be removed with thinner. So far the peel off labels are the winner.
Gus

Iron River Red
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I used to use those too. I have found that by switching to large ammo cans, I can have thousands of cast bullets in one can. Then all I need to do is use 1 can over and over again for that caliber.

So, I would say that the use of the small (5.56mm) type of can would be inexpensive, easy to get, and stackable. I hate to deal with small overloaded boxes. when I can pick these up for 2 or 3 dollars each at the gun shows.

I have just realized something... I like that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I have 50,000 loaded rounds ready for plinkin'...
[smilie=p:

NVcurmudgeon
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Whatever is used for labeling ammo boxes works better if it is applied inside the box in case it rains, and held on by adhesive so it won't depart when the box is opened in the wind.

Buckshot
06-06-2005, 08:11 PM
............Gussy, good idea. Sound like what I need for the plastic slip top 22 and 17 mag boxes I use to hold lube-sized slugs.

So do I got to Staples and ask for labels that don't stick :-)?

..............Buckshot

Gussy
06-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Find the section that has labels, quite a variety in the store I was in. Look for the ones that say removeable vs the ones that say permanent. I did get some envelopes in there that "don't stick", what a pain in the shorts!
Gus

waksupi
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
If we could dig Shuz out of the woodwork, he had made up some real nifty labels, just the right size to fit in the top of the cartridge boxes. They had a place for everything you may want to put on, about cast bullet loads. He gave me a pad of them at a gun show a couple years ago, and I use them all the time. If he has any left, he may sell you some for an unreasonable, but high, price.

45nut
06-07-2005, 12:36 AM
If he has any left, he may sell you some for an unreasonable, but high, price.

[smilie=l:

Gussy
06-07-2005, 10:43 AM
For what it's worth, I labeled a couple of boxes last night. The labels are Avery brand, 1 1/2" X 3" with 3 on each sheet. When I use them on a small box, I cut them in half with a razor knife.
Gus

Rrusse11
06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
My Home Depot sells rolls of masking tape that work just fine as a low buck substitute...

I dig around at the dollar stores,,,,,,,, 2" for the big box, 1" or 3/4" for the smalls, or on the sides. A bit of kero or mineral turps will remove the gum iffen it's been on a while.
R*2

nvbirdman
06-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Make friends with the window clerk at your local Post Office. Tell him/her you need some labels from the end of the postage meter roll.