View Full Version : Lee Load all Primer attachment

mstrausbough
07-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I gave it a try and back to the manual primer. Found the primers did not drop consistantly from bulk section down the shoot. Also the spring is the wrong size. It expands up around the plastic base. and is not strong enough to lift the base back into the up position which means it will not take a new primer and place it in the center of the hole. Sending an email to Lee about it. Not worth the fuel to return to Bass Pro. Only payed 9.99.

Anybody else have the same issue?

John Boy
07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Anybody else have the same issue? Yes, when I 1st bought one about 6 years ago. Tried many gimmicks to try to make them slide - no success
So ... put a sleeve of primers on a side table, base down. Spread them around for spacing. Take a deprimed hull - push it down on the primer and then: put a hull in the deprimer die and same time a hull with the primer partly seated. Pull the handle - a semi progressive Load - All!

Mossy Nugget
07-15-2011, 11:25 PM
I bought one and tried it, but the rims on battery cup primers kept jumping on top of each other and jamming the feed ramp. It took me more time to jiggle the primer tool when it was working, clear, load and un-load (if I changed primers) than to do it all manually. I love my Loadall-II. It is an excellent value and gets the job done, especially if you develop your favorite load and don't have to change very often, which is a PITA. (But) Some stuff Lee has just doesn't work. Their case de-burring tool won't fit on the outside of short pistol brass, either. Why they sell stuff that is obviously no good alongside so many excellent products is a complete mystery to me.

JIMinPHX
07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
I've never used the automatic primer feed on the Lee Load All, but I've had a similar experience with another Lee press. The automatic primer feed is sort of the weak point on the Lee 1000 progressive press for metallic cartridges. On those, any little speck of crud will make the primers hang up & not feed. You really need to keep the chute cleaned & polished shiny to work well. Sometimes you need to give them a little shake too.

Once you miss a primer in a piece of brass on the 1000 press, then powder drops down through the flash hole into the primer feed area & whatever problem you had gets compounded. When I run those presses, I watch the primer feed like a hawk. Other than that issue, they are usually problem free. The speed at which the auto primer feed lets you operate, makes it worth having to watch the primer feed system so closely, in my opinion. Besides, I'm too cheap to buy a more expensive press.

lead Foot
07-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Yes, when I 1st bought one about 6 years ago. Tried many gimmicks to try to make them slide - no success
So ... put a sleeve of primers on a side table, base down. Spread them around for spacing. Take a deprimed hull - push it down on the primer and then: put a hull in the deprimer die and same time a hull with the primer partly seated. Pull the handle - a semi progressive Load - All!

Thanks for the tip~good idea. :mrgreen: Only use the load all for slugs now. I was offered a auto primer feed today and turned it down ~ just as well.

nes4ever69
07-16-2011, 04:51 PM
when i had mine it worked ok. had to jiggle it and the primers would feed. maybe 1 of 3 trays would give trouble.

Von Dingo
07-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I never had any problems with the primer feed on my load all 12 gauge.

bumpo628
07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Mine always has a problem with the primers sliding down the ramp.
I just keep a dental pick handy to help them along when needed. It's still faster than manual placement.

I'll give John Boy's method a try. That sounds like it might be faster.

mstrausbough
08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Got email back from Lee. Basically stated that it is not an auto feeder. yea I get that. But the spring was the problem. It is the wrong size diameter. For 10 bucks not worth the back and forth. Took it off and can load faster by hand than with fiddling with this every shell. :killingpc

thehouseproduct
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Agreed. I dumped my Lee Loadall and picked up a used Versamec and couldn't imagine going back. It cost me $75. I bought the Lee for $25 and loaded hundreds of slugs. A used Mec is well worth the $.