PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR1911

tcrocker
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Been looking at getting a 1911 and one of the ones I realy like the looks of is the Ruger SR 1911. From what I can gather it can shoot 1.5
to 2" groups at 25yds and it's all American made. Has eny one shot this gun yet and what is the street price? Do yoou think it will handle wadcutters?

MtGun44
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you mean semiwadcutters? I doubt it will feed wadcutters, but then, they are nearly
non-existent in .45 ACP.

It will very likely feed any reasonable semiwadcutter load with a proper length and taper
crimp. Proper barrel feed ramp throating is well known nowdays and is pretty much
standard.

Bill

Dale53
07-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I have two custom "built from scratch" 1911's and one Kimber Ultra CDP II. However, if I were in the market for a new 1911, I would almost certainly try the Ruger. Gun Blast gave them extremely high grades... They are priced well, too.

Dale53

Matthew 25
07-13-2011, 12:49 AM
I think mid $600's would be a great price, likely closer to $700. I've got one on order, it seems a little long in the coming. If you're not familiar with Hickok45 on Youtube, you should check him out. Do a "Hickok45 sr1911" search on Youtube and you'll find two 20 minute videos he made reviewing and shooting this Ruger.

ColColt
07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Here you go...he has a blast(no pun intended) with this pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZ5EYxpl2o

Lloyd Smale
07-14-2011, 07:17 AM
That guy can shoot. He may have missed a few of the long range targets but keep in mind it was his first time with that gun and hes shooting generic ball ammo that he doesnt even know how well that gun likes that ammo it was still a good show. Did you notice when they close up the gong you could see the bullets arching in right before they hit it?
Here you go...he has a blast(no pun intended) with this pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZ5EYxpl2o

Char-Gar
07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmm..most good 1911s will feed empty cases. I think it is possible to for them to feed 45 cal. full wadcutter ammo. There have been 1911s in 38 Special that could.

Changeling
07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
So it appears that there is no practical experience on the Ruger SR 1911 other than a Ruger ringer. I don't care what anyone has to say if they base there knowledge on someone that has had the pistol , as is a pre release model, Hell what would you release to the public if you were Ruger? Give it some thought before you slap down your dollars (US) of course .

NHlever
07-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I bought the only one I've seen for sale, but the dealer tells me that they are going out about as fast as they are coming in. I'm going through a series of treatments now that leave me kind of weak sometimes so I haven't had a chance to shoot the gun much, but so far I really like mine. I'm shooting 200 grain cast semiwadcutters, both commercial, and the lyman, and haven't had any failures to feed that couldn't be traced to some rounds that I didn't get quite enough taper crimp on. The gun shoots well, and shoots where it points. My trigger pull measures about the same as the one in the video, or perhaps just a hair lighter. I'm getting around 4 1/4 pounds on my trigger scale. Others have more experience with 1911's, and will give their thoughts, but mine isn't for sale.