PDA

View Full Version : Pet Loads, Eighth Edition

Dale53
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Somebody on here mentioned, a week or so ago, that Midway had the last issue of Ken Waters' "Pet Loads" (Eighth Edition) on sale for $30.00. Also they had the two additional supplements at $9.95 each.

I had previously seen this on Midway's site but was procrastinating (I already have the two volume issue of Pet Loads plus several supplements). However, the poster "pushed me over the edge" and I ordered it. It came yesterday along with the two supplements. It is a large 1000+ pages of pure old "gunology" 101. Reading selectively through it reminds me of what a wonderful work it is. It has MUCH more inside than my older issue and is well worth the money (and then some). The information on specific calibers and guns are most helpful to help most anyone understand that particular item. Should be on every shelf.

I never met Ken Waters but I sure wish that I had. He is a real down to earth human being who knew of what he wrote. A real practical guy.

Thank you, Ken...

Dale53

MT Gianni
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Dale, what is the publication date on the latedt suplement? Thanks, Gianni.

threett1
01-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Not to bust in Gianni, but my 8th says 2001. Probably a fire sale in anticipation of a new edition. Got mine about 2 months ago. Love it. He is so easy to read. And of course reading about the old stuff just makes it that much better.