PDA

View Full Version : Doing the happy dance!

Kent Fowler
07-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I finally found my LBT 160gr. flatnose mold, today, that's been missing for a couple of years. I evidently got a case of the dumb ass and tucked it away in an off the wall place. Actually, what I was looking for was a piece of a V1 buzzbomb that exploded about 300 yards from my father in laws barracks in England in 1943. He said those things sounded like an old washing machine motor when they came over. He walked down where it exploded and found a piece of it. Haven't found it yet, but did find the mold. Life is good.

MBTcustom
07-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Congrats, My shop wears so many hats that invariably stuff gets lost. I'm looking for a barrel band screw for my enfield right now. I know I put it some place "safe" and now its nowhere to be found. Oh well. I do love it when I find stuff that I had given up on. Its like manna from heaven.

thegreatdane
07-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Cool story about the V1.

congrats.

RobS
07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Congrats, My shop wears so many hats that invariably stuff gets lost. I'm looking for a barrel band screw for my enfield right now. I know I put it some place "safe" and now its nowhere to be found. Oh well. I do love it when I find stuff that I had given up on. Its like manna from heaven.

This is the one that kills me, I do it all the time and it just drives me nuts. [smilie=b::veryconfu:shock::confused::mad:

Gtek
07-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I am at that age where I have a lot of STUFF, the wife calls it something else. But is it not great when you go looking and you find a couple cool things you forgot you had. Gtek

Harter66
07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I know that, I found my pocket knife that went missing about a month ago. Its always great to find some memory that you didn't know had gone missing too. I opened a blueprint tube the other day seems like I was in some foul" why the **** do I keep packing this **** around"mood. The mood just evaporated,there were 3 little short" over grown bank" creek/kayak rods, 1 each of my grandfather and great grandfather,and the 1 my Dadgave me for my Baja birthday the last time I fished w/ my grandfather.............................

Good luck w/ the V1 parts

Iowa Fox
07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
All my Dillon conversion kits and spare parts have been missplaced for a couple years. Hope to run into them while looking for something else as I've turned the place upside down looking for them.

mdi
07-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I used to put stuff away in "safe" places too, some were too "safe"! I got some plastic sanwich containers, single sandwich and double sandwich size, to keep small parts "safe" from loss. Now my problem is where did I put that container? :veryconfu

W.R.Buchanan
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I spend 5 times more time looking for stuff than I do working. Welcome to the club!

Randy

Blammer
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I suddenly discovered a 50 cal ammo can full of cast boolits in my man cave.

I was doing something else until I discovered that, what, I forget now.

63 Shiloh
07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Ha!!

Glad I am not the only one!

It seems the more important the part/item is, the harder it is to find [smilie=l:

Seriously, a good supply of magnetic dish parts holders have made my life a lot easier.

Mike

captain-03
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Have been looking for the past two weeks for a box of scope rings and bases that I accumulated over the years - found it tonight -- just where I put it!!

GaryN
07-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I spent a whole day going through my reloading room and arranging everything. Made it look real nice. Now I can't find nothing.

Cariboo
07-13-2011, 12:09 AM
2 winters ago I had a ~*$#*!@#$%^&*()_ help himself to my reloading supplies. Now when I go looking for somthing I have not used in a long time, I really wounder if it is gone or put in a safe place.

the happy dance comes when i find something special that was in a safe place even i overlooked the last few years

mnkyracer
07-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Just found out that I misplaced the Large Primer punch for my RCBS hand priming tool. With several hundred .45's to prime, a quick fix was an appropriately sized allen wrench that was soon cut and re-purposed.

mdi
07-14-2011, 01:05 PM
But it does make you feel real good when you unexpectantly find something you forgot you had! How come you find stuff in the last place you look?

emorris
07-14-2011, 01:18 PM
You also have to love it when you are looking for somthing and during your quest you are overwhelmed that you found somthing else, but you must search to find the missing or well placed accessories to got with it and once you find it you can only sit with a puzzled look wondering what it was you started looking for in the first place. The perfect rloaders log or shop manual for me should include a diagram of my work area so I can mark the location of where I put stuff, but chances are I would put the manual in a safe place and could not find it.

pipehand
07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
My best find of stuff I forgot I had was several cases (5k each) of small and large pistol primers. I still have a few thousand left from the early '90's.

XWrench3
07-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Typicly when i "loose" something, it is because i put it in a place that i won't forget where it is :)

wch
07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
+1 for emorris!

10x
07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I know the feeling well. I was watching for a 311465 mold to come up for sale - anywhere - been wanting one for two or three years now. Went through my mold box and found a double cavity 311465 and am now trying to figure out where it came from.

whisler
07-15-2011, 09:12 PM
The Mold Fairy granted your wish. Much better than the Tooth Fairy.