PDA

View Full Version : A good day for casting

Moondawg
07-11-2011, 05:53 PM
What a beautiful day for casting, warmish but not to awful hot. Heat index only 109, tempreture 92, and huminity a tad on the dryish side. only 67%. I got about a 150 really nice looking 45 cal 510 gr. Guvmint style boolits cast.

Typical wonderful So. Texas weather, gentle breeze, blue sky, and just warm enough to sweat all the bad stuff out of your body. Got my boolits cast today, maybe tomorrow I can be out on the bay fishing. It don't get no better than this. Summer in paradise.

bhn22
07-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't take this wrong, but you're nuts. I bailed out of a match the other day because I overheated, and I wasn't hovering over an 800 degree lead pot. Go drink some water.

Moondawg
07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I forgot to mention, when its hot out everyone should know to drink lots of cool water or iced tea. Keep the fluid intake up and the heat will not be a problem.

Rockydog
07-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I ran 113 45-70 405 gr FN early Saturday morning, It was only about 82* but the morning sun was beating in my double garage door and it was plenty warm. Humidity was in the 80% plus range. 10 more degrees would have been downright miserable. RD

geargnasher
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Sunday afternnoon was a bit too warm for me. I went to my range (120 yards from the front door), fired five rounds from my .45/90, packed up and high-tailed it for the air conditioning, couldn't keep the sweat out of my eyes long enough to get off any decent shots. I don't know how to figure heat index, but three thermometers agreed it was 103 in the shade, and my hygrometer said 82% due to all the wonderful Gulf moisture that was blowing in, but refused to fall. We've had 2.1 inches of rain THIS YEAR.

I can smelt and cast late at night when things "cool" down a bit (mid eighties), but kinda hard to shoot very far in the dark. Plus, the neighbors wouldn't like it very much!

Gear

snuffy
07-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I feel very sorry for those folks that, for whatever reason, HAVE to cast outdoors. I now have central air, so I cast in comfort year 'round.[smilie=s::castmine: