PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think I will have to pay

gcollins
07-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Guys,
I wasn't for sure where to post my question so here goes and if it needs to be moved.
How much do you all think I will have to pay for used Ransom Rest and I only need the 1911 inserts or what ever they are called?

Like I lot of us guys father time has caught us and having other health problems my shooting sucks:cry: so I need all the help I can get, and as long as I have stuff to sale I will be playing with 1911's.[smilie=w:

I havn't been to ebay because I HATE auctions.:twisted:
G

fecmech
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
G--I owned a Ransom rest a few years back and they are great machines for ammo testing but there is more to it than the rest. You need a solid base that does not vibrate from shot to shot.(they made one at the club on a vertical "I" beam, didn't work worth squat.) A heavy shooting bench at the least and mount the rest per the Ransom instructions. There is a leaning curve even with the Ransom rest. If you do get one do not ever remove the stop nut on the Ransom base, that keeps it from killing you should the gun go full auto!
Personally if the gun has a Dot sight or scope on it you can shoot as well off bags as a Ransom rest.

gcollins
07-11-2011, 04:30 PM
fecmech,
I do understand what you are telling me, I have a real heavy duty bench to mount it to, and i do have a rest and bags so I will give that a try.There is a gentleman that I did some dealing with that is a member here and he has a R.R. for sale but I deleted his pm's and I don't remember how to get a hold of him.
Thanks for the advice.
G

felix
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, indeed, a good shooter with good eyes can outshoot the Ransom. I've seen it done several times on 1975 or thereabout models. Don't know about the current issues. ... felix