PDA

View Full Version : MP-Molds with tumble lube grooves?

Maximumbob54
07-11-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm just curious if this has ever been made. I have an on again off again love/hate of tumble lube. One minute I think it may be the greatest thing and then I don't care for it. Cost wise I love it. Nasty stanky sticky bullet wise I'm always wanting to dump money into a lube and sizer. Since my favorite bullets lately are all coming from one of Mihec's molds I'm just curious if there has ever been a TL mold done.

Or do I just need to cough up the money on a lube press...?

More money...:veryconfu

Doby45
07-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I am not aware of a MP mold made with TL grooves.

MikeS
07-11-2011, 07:32 AM
You are aware of the fact that you don't need the TL micro-groves to tumble lube a boolit, right? This way you can have your love/hate relationship without having moulds you can't use during one of the hate phases!

Moonie
07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I tumble lube all my pistol boolits, I also can't stand TL boolit styles. I TL my Mihec 200gr HP 45acp boolits.

You do not need a TL designed mold to TL.

Maximumbob54
07-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I have been TL'ing the Lee 105 gr SWC's and my Mihec 200 gr .45's but I am just thinking since they are both slow movers that the micro grooves would hold more alox for faster speeds. Am I just assuming things again?

On a side note, I did try the 50/50 LLA and JPW heated up and dipped a few of the .45's... It was a tiny bit more in the lube groove but nothing at all like what pan lube or lube sizing would do. So why does the light varnish of LLA work just as well as all the hard paste wax lube squeezed into the lube grooves???

Tying these two together, I thought the extra QTY of lube from a lube sizer/ pan lube would give you the FPS eadvantage that TL'ing regular bullets wouldn't.

I think I'm still not making any sense...

EDIT:

I just found out minutes ago that White Label Lube Xlox is thicker stuff than the LLA. Lee cuts their alox with a bit of mineral spirits, and there I go cutting it some more. Maybe that is part of my problem. Ranch Dog may not be son of Hornady, but they guy seems to really know his stuff.

bigboredad
07-14-2011, 11:04 AM
if you want tumble lube grooves in any style you can think of you need to take a look at accuratemolds.com if Tom does not have a tumble lube in the design you want he will make it any way you want. His molds are top notch and a joy to cast with

Maximumbob54
07-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Never heard of them but a three second look at the website and I like them already. I need to find a listing of available bullet mold makers besides Lee, RCBS, and Lyman. And M-P Molds of course...!

MtGun44
07-14-2011, 10:29 PM
TOP quality molds made on CNC machinery by a BOOLIT CASTER!

Can't say enough good about Miha and his products.

VERY satisfied customer, multiple molds.

Bill