PDA

View Full Version : Revolver cleaning.....

sargeny1
07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi All...didn't know where to post this.....anyway...was at range today with my S&W Pre M27 and Ruger Super Blackhawk 5 1/2" Stainless...naturally have used ONLY my own cast bullets in these weapons.....never have had a leading problem with these two and they have always shot very well...have used Hoppe's 9 and shooters choice to clean them.....today I tried some shooters choice Lead Remover to clean them....was suprised to find some very minor lead flakes coming out of both weapons.....only from the barrels...the cylinders had only powder fouling...one wet patch removed all the lead...and it totally removed all the powder fouling VERY quickly.....in fact both weapons cleaned up in record time....

Has anyone else tried Shooters Choice Lead Remover..??? Am going to order some more as all my handguns get fed only my cast boolits....:coffeecom

rintinglen
07-11-2011, 04:25 AM
I have, but I am not impressed. For light leading, it is perhaps a smidge better than hoppe's #9, but for heavy leading, I use kroil and tight patches.

44man
07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
The little flakes mean nothing and if they wiped out with one wet patch, chances are they are being shot out ahead of the next boolit and the only flakes there are left behind by the fired boolit.
Self cleaning you might say.

bobthenailer
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
boresnake in the barrel ,when needed, a worn out caliber specfiec brush wrapped with chore boy to clean the chambers and flitz meatal polish & a shop rag to clean the outside surfaces of a SS pistol including the cyl face & frame window , takes about 10 minuets .