PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 2 ball load for the .32 magnum?

NoZombies
07-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I have the good fortune of having a .313 ball mold that drops 40-1 at .313" exactly.

I take a fair number of teenagers shooting, and plinking is always a favorite activity after we talk about gun safety and shooting technique.

I think that a 2 ball load for the .32 magnum cases loaded to .32 long pressures would probably be a lot of fun, and increase hit percentages on the spinner targets and soda cans. hitting the targets more builds confidence in teens, and if I have them shoot paper before and after plinking, I almost always find them shooting higher scores after.

I'm thinking that since the seating depth and overall weight of 2 balls in a .32 magnum case would be about the same as a type 2 WC in a .32 long case, I can probably start about there with my load development.

I'm thinking of seating the one ball deep using WC expander die adjusted properly, adding lube, and then seating and crimping the second ball in about flush.

Any advice? Anyone doing similar with the .32, or maybe with the .38/.357?

bhn22
07-10-2011, 05:02 PM
It has been a while since I played with .32s. I did load 2 ball loads in my Single-Six 32 magnum, and simply used corresponding weight, single bullet loads for it. I just tumble lubed the round balls before loading. I've done a lot more with 38 SPL & .357 mag cases. At one point I even experimented with loading 2 32 cal bullets in a 38 cal Speer shot capsule. This works too, and rewarded me with some pretty neat groups. I let a friend try a few at the range one day, without telling him that there would be 2 holes in each target. He got really upset, thinking that another shooter was shooting his targets. You can do this with 32 cal round balls too.

Harry O
07-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I have not tried it with the .32 Magnum, but I have tried 2-ball loads in the .38 Special and 3-ball loads in the .357 Magnum. Interesting, but there was nothing special about them. The balls all hit close to the center at 7 to 10 yards. I don't bother with them any more.