PDA

View Full Version : you believe that

primersp
07-08-2011, 08:54 AM
i swap my 9m/m cz 75 that i have since 1980 for an springfield 45 A1
i have the CZ since 80 and change springs and 10 years ago the barrel
my fellow shoots 40 rounds with it and broke the slide stop.
i shoot 40 commercial rounds and break the hammer strut.

scrapcan
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Andre,

I hope the parts are available to you over there. It is dismal when you get to work on a new firearm. should have been right when it left the factory.

primersp
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
thanks JEREMY
normaly it was not difficult to find one here.
the gun is not new but it stays some years in an gun shop vault
i think it was made in the 90 sn°nm 995xx .
have an nice day
cheers
ANDRE

gray wolf
07-08-2011, 12:30 PM
The parts could be older metal injected parts, sometimes they have a bad run of these parts and voids are created within the metal.
Tool steel parts should not break like that. But most low end and medium end pistols use these machine injected metal parts now. They can last forever or a short time.
Try to replace the parts with quality parts and if there is another problem I would look for the reason.

exile
07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Even though I have never owned a 1911, I have had the urge for one lately. You may have cured me of that idea.

My wife is of Czech descent, and we spent our honeymoon in Prague. Maybe it is time for a CZ-75? I think I could sell her on that idea if I had too.

Anyway, best of luck with your 1911. I'm sure it can be worked out, even though it is frustrating.

exile

MtGun44
07-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Not normal for 1911s.

Never saw a MIMed hammer strut, all I have seen are stamped steel.

Never, ever saw a real, live bad MIMed part, but sure have heard a lot of folks
bad mouth them. Maybe there are some out there, but I have never seen one.

Bill

gray wolf
07-10-2011, 02:41 PM
The parts could be older metal injected parts, sometimes they have a bad run of these parts and voids are created within the metal.
Tool steel parts should not break like that. But most low end and medium end pistols use these machine injected metal parts now. They can last forever or a short time.
Try to replace the parts with quality parts and if there is another problem I would look for the reason.

Because you have never seen one means what ? They don't exist ?
Sure they can be OK, what I said was that from time to time they foul up the process
and bad parts get out into the world.
If your of the opinion that MIM parts are of the same quality as heat treated tool steel parts, then we simple agree to disagree. No harm no foul.
Yes I am aware that a quality item doesn't always mean it's the best.
I am also aware that anything can fail.
For myself, I have found that after shooting thousands of 45 ACP rounds the MIM parts just don't hold up like other parts. Specially sears and extractors.