PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Reloading Equipment

Jethro
07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I recently purchased an old Pacific press. I think it is a Super C and I have had excellant luck with it during the short period that I have had it..

It came with the large pistol/rifle primer seater. I need to find one that will work with small pistol primers. I know Hornady bought out Pacific and was wondering if anyone had any luck dealing with Hornady to find replacement or repair parts. In the old catalog that I have it lists the part numbers that I need as #390003, #390005 and #390007.

Mk42gunner
07-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Jethro,

I have a Pacific Super C press, but have never primed with it, the priming attachment was gone when I got it. You can call Hornady and ask, you might get lucky.

My suggestion is to get one of the hand priming systems, (I like the RCBS hand primer) I haven't primed on a single stage press since I tried a friends Lee auto prime 20+ years ago.

Robert

Jethro
07-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the advice, I ordered hand primers from Lee's factory sales yesterday. I should have purchased through e-bay. The initial price was lower at Lee, but shipping was more than the price of the equipment, (in the neighborhood of $16 e-bay was about 1/3 of that.)

I really like loading with my Super C and I know for sure it won't break through use or wear out. This is the most solid piece of reloading equipment that I have ever seen

Char-Gar
07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a Pacific Super C and a Redding 6 hole turrent. The primer arms and pins will interchange just fine.

EMC45
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I have called Hornady and the guy told me they have boxes of old Pacific parts at Hornady. He dug through an old box and found a scale pan for a Pacific scale I have. Mailed it for free. Good folks.

Jack Stanley
07-08-2011, 07:06 PM
There are times that I wish I would have bought two of the 007 presses when they had them . I'll get by with the one I have and enjoy it ... good stuff .

Jack

Catshooter
07-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Jethro,

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe you haven't realized it, but as far as I can tell there ain't no calibers worth loading in either short or long guns that use them tiny little primers! So I'm not really sure what a man would need such equipment for, unless it was just 'cause he wanted to sorta round out his collection.

:)

Cat

Jethro
07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I shoot a lot of 40 S&W and they take the small pistol primer.

Next to the 45 long colt, 45 acp and the 38 wcf that I reload, these have a good bang for the buck and I enjoy shooting them. I can cast for the 38-40 and make some extras which work just fine in the 40 S&W.

HangFireW8
07-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The good news is that Pacific invented the modern 7/8 die press, when the patents ran out everyone copied it, I've found the press rams (with built-in shell holders) from RCBS and some other early brands interchange with some early Pacific presses.