PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Reloading Equipment

Jethro
07-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I recently purchased an old Pacific press. I think it is a Super C and I have had excellant luck with it during the short period that I have had it..

It came with the large pistol/rifle primer seater. I need to find one that will work with small pistol primers. I know Hornady bought out Pacific and was wondering if anyone had any luck dealing with Hornady to find replacement or repair parts. In the old catalog that I have it lists the part numbers that I need as #390003, #390005 and #390007.

1hole
07-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Pacific pretty much gave us the basic designs of presses, shell holders and dies we still use. And they made good stuff too. It's also worth mentioning that C presses are a LOT more rigid and high quality than many think, Cs got abandoned in the rush to O frames because they just looked better. The only thing you will miss from a newer press design is the lack of compound lever links, the old single toggle system requries more arm work and puts more torque on the bench but they still work fine.

If you have the original shell-holder-in-the-ram design you can sometimes find new rams on ebay. And, most of the old rams for different brands are interchangable so you may find one cut for current interchangeable shell holders.

I would suggest you forget priming on the press even if you can find the parts unless they're free. Just get a hand held primer tool, that's what most of us do.

Pressman
07-07-2011, 06:46 PM
What 1hole says is right on. Pacific also invented teh primer arm and everyone copied it. You can get replacements from RCBS. They will fit.

Ken

ColColt
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
My first press was a blue Pacific C-press. It's under the stairwell in the storage area but the primer arm is just like the one on my RCBS Jr with a set screw holding the plunger in. I feel sure the parts from RCBS for a small primer sleeve/plunger would fit but with the original Pacific primer arm having the set screw may mess up the threads on the plunger. No problem, the primer arm and plunger sets RCBS make will fit the Pacific you have if it's anything like mine that I bought in late 1968.