PDA

View Full Version : Posting and replying

wv109323
07-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I have replied to many posts and submitted my reply after signing in.. I get a message that that I am not signed in. I go to sign in and loose my typed reply. I sometimes use the quick reply as well.
What is the best way to submit a reply?
Sign in.

Bullwolf
07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
When you sign in to Cast Boolits, check the little box next to your name that says Remember Me.

That will keep you signed in long enough to reply to posts and more. That is assuming that you don't have any cookie busting programs running, or do something like clearing your browsers cache or history.

- Bullwolf

Jim Flinchbaugh
07-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Another good trick to remember, till you get the wrinkles ironed out, is before you hit the post button, click and drag over the words you labored over and copy it to the clip board. Then- if things go haywire, you can just paste it and try again :D

cajun shooter
07-08-2011, 09:58 AM
wv109323, That is two valuable tips that you were given. When I first became a member and was exited to post a answer, it was taken into cyber space before I could hit the submit reply button. Welcome to the forum and what part Of W. Virginia are you located in? I have family in Charleston and Hunington. Very pretty area of the US.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
When I post,
I always use the "go Advanced" button.
if you've been logged out, it'll ask you to log in,
then when you log back in, it will take you to the advanced section,
to preview your post, it will be there, nothing will get lost.
Then you can submit it....
Jon

runfiveslittlegirl
07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
i just type the reply in the box and hit [post quick reply]

wills
07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Type the post as a word document. Run spelling and grammar check. Think about it a while. If it says what I want it to say, copy and paste into the box.

geargnasher
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Dang, Wills, all that for a couple of sentences? :kidding:

+1 on the first two posts. It really helps if there is forum lag or internet drop. I just use Control "a", copy, paste to clipboard, save to desktop if in doubt.

Gear

Frozone
07-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Open a second browser window (or tab ) go to 'castboolits' and sign in using the new window then go back to the original and post.

wills
07-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Dang, Wills, all that for a couple of sentences? :kidding:

+1 on the first two posts. It really helps if there is forum lag or internet drop. I just use Control "a", copy, paste to clipboard, save to desktop if in doubt.

Gear

ef yew tip lik i do st wirth it

However should I use the procedure described, I can pass myself off as erudite.

RayinNH
07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
wv109323, when answering, if you type slowly like me, although my two fingers are getting quicker :-) , the program will log you off after a certain amount of time. Just log back in and then hit the back button to get back to your message, then hit the submit button again.

While you're typing hit the f5 key every so often, that will keep the page refreshed and keep you logged in...Ray