PDA

View Full Version : NOE hollowpoint mould

josper
07-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I have never used a hollowpoint mould before and I was just wondering how the hollowpoint pins work in this mould.DO you have to extract them each time?also working with leather gloves on it seems like this could be a problem.I would like to hear from someone that cast with this type mould.

SmuvBoGa
07-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Josper,

Not too much difference from other moulds - - you DO need to get & keep the pins hot ( I use a small propane torch & wave it across the pins). At 1st the pins will not release, just "heat them up", the pins need to be hotter than the mould to allow release - JUST try it & cuss with it a LITTLE. When the temp gets right LIFE is SO GOOD [smilie=w: [smilie=w:

JohnMc

ph4570
07-04-2011, 08:10 PM
With temperatures and lube squared away the HP molds from NOE work well for me. Timing is important for speed, good drops and no bent HP noses. Were I you I would not hesitate to procure a NOE HP mold. Only hours ago I loaded up a few hundred rounds of 10mm with the 180 gr NOE HPs. They work well in my S&W 1006.

GP100man
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I polished the pins on my 360 180 & while ya still have to heat the pins up it starts dropping sooner !!

& they drop more consistently if ya keep em very clean , at least that`s my exp.

Southern Son
07-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I have the NOE copy of the Ranch Dog 44mag 265grain boolit. I did nothing special, just cleaned the whole mould thoroughly and started casting. So long as you let the boolits cool enough so that you don't bend the noses out of shape, you will make a large number of boolits with holes in the top.