PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Molds Is Back?

Bass Ackward
01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Looks like Dan is back in the saddle. WEB site says the leade time is 8 to 12 weeks, so he has to be cranking.

Bullshop
01-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Is it the same site or a new one?
BIC/BS
Anwerd my own question. The link from my site works.

C A Plater
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Same site. It was down for a few days and it's nice to see the taking orders although the online design tool is not fully working yet. I've waited this long, I can wait some more.

9.3X62AL
01-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I think Dan's site registration expired in mid-December, maybe something got stuck or jacked up on the site re-start. I'll run through the bulletin board a little later to see if he makes refernce to a re-start on mold-making. THAT would be good news, indeed.

JudgeBAC
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
The website currently states:

"We are now accepting a very few orders. " I'm not sure what this means but I suppose if you are interested in a mold, place an order and see what happens.

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-14-2007, 02:18 AM
what'w the website URL?

Rich

MGySgt
01-14-2007, 08:15 AM
URL:
http://www.mountainmolds.com/

From Dan's Forum on Starting back:

I'm jumping the gun a little here, because the shop is not yet 100% ready for production. I'm still waiting on a PC to replace the one that got zapped by lightning, the shop still doesn't have a garage door (not good in the winter), and it's just now getting so that you can walk around without tripping over boxes and contruction materials.

But I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Turnaround times will be substantial, like 2 or 3 months, because there is no inventory to work with, and I'll be dividing my time between molds and house construction.

Some products and options have been dropped, and a few more may be dropped later on, because I am stretched too thin, production-wise. This year my theme is going to be "back to basics." New products, new options, and website upgrades will have to go on hold until the house is done.

New orders will likely be turned on and off throughout the year to avoid excessive backorders. With that in mind, mail order has been shut off and online ordering is the only choice. That's because I'll need to be able to control the number of orders and there's no way to control what comes through the mail, especially since I don't even have mail delivery until April.

About the only possible new development this year is, I am looking into ways to simplify the shipping fee calculation for international orders. Perhaps there will be a flat fee or perhaps I will send an email invoice. My existing system for international orders is ridiculously complicated, and I expect international orders to increase as the Bush dollar continues to plummet.

Drew

9.3X62AL
01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the follow-up, Drew. It is good to see Dan back at it, even on a reduced scale.

500bfrman
01-14-2007, 01:56 PM
URL:
http://www.mountainmolds.com/

and I expect international orders to increase as the Bush dollar continues to plummet.

Drew

Well, its not the Bush Dollar, its the Federal Reserve's which as we all know has nothing to do with the federal govt.

ron brooks
01-14-2007, 02:29 PM
From looking at the forum on his site I had the impression that Dan doesn't care for Bush very much.

Ron

Bullshop
01-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Whut da ya mean. Looks like he loves the bush, he moved there!
BIC/BS

ron brooks
01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Bullshop,

OOOKay. Guess you right, about the bush (lower case), I meant Bush, as in the present President (upper case). :-)

Ron

Willbird
01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
The Bush Dollar hehehehe, oh boy I wish we had got Gore or Kerry, NOT

Bill

Bullshop
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
OH is that who's president? I thought I just recently heard sumthin about Ford bein president. Takes us a while to get the news here.
BIC/BS

ron brooks
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Bullshop,

And I thought I lived in the boonies. :-) Oh, so you are set for it, this Bush is the son of the other Bush who was president, like the Adams. :-)

Ron

Bullshop
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
That would'nt be Gomaz Adams would it? WOW ! Gomaz and Pugsly president who da thunk it!?!?!
BIC/BS

wills
01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
That would'nt be Gomaz Adams would it? WOW ! Gomaz and Pugsly president who da thunk it!?!?!
BIC/BS

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/28/250px-Gomez.jpg

Well he has a cigar.

Nrut
01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
You gett'n any daylite yet Dan??...you seem to be brighting up a bit...I'm ready for spring myself!....:)

Bullshop
01-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Nrut
We get daylight when ever we want it, just gotta flip a switch. Wada ya think we live in the bush or sumpthin?
Only sign of spring we are seeing here is poking out of my matress.
That ol ground hog aint a gona see his shadow come the second of next month round here.

BIC/BS

Bret4207
01-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't mean this to be political, but I think some folks forget how freakin' lucky we are. We currently have something like 4.4% unemployment, inflation limited to something less than 2% a year, and a Gov't program for darn near everyone if they look for it. Last I heard Canada has something like a 8.5% UnE. rate, Germanys is like 14%, and France is 18% or more! Yeah, statistics can lie, but it still seems we're doing pretty darn good. If Dan borrowed $$ to build his place he got it cheap interest-wise, it's deductable and the fact anyone would lend a guy who makes booilt moulds money says something about our Nation, regardless of whose running it. It ain't perfect, but show me a better place to live!

Lloyd Smale
01-20-2007, 10:46 AM
WELL SAID!!!
I don't mean this to be political, but I think some folks forget how freakin' lucky we are. We currently have something like 4.4% unemployment, inflation limited to something less than 2% a year, and a Gov't program for darn near everyone if they look for it. Last I heard Canada has something like a 8.5% UnE. rate, Germanys is like 14%, and France is 18% or more! Yeah, statistics can lie, but it still seems we're doing pretty darn good. If Dan borrowed $$ to build his place he got it cheap interest-wise, it's deductable and the fact anyone would lend a guy who makes booilt moulds money says something about our Nation, regardless of whose running it. It ain't perfect, but show me a better place to live!

Phil
01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Tpr. Bret,

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been to several countries and there isn't another one like this.

Cheers,

Phil

Scrounger
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Don't take this wrong, Bret, but that so-called inflation percentage is an out and out lie from our government. Think of the increased gas prices in the last year and a half, the increased electricity charges, and the increases in every single item we buy due to the raise in gas and electric rates; do you really believe 2% is anywhere near correct? It is a scam to avoid giving mandatory raises to workers and Social Security receipients. What about the cost of housing, etc.,.

felix
01-20-2007, 12:54 PM
About three or four years ago the credit card companies started offering 0 percent loans via enticements through the mail. These loans are typically for six months, but can be as low as three months, and has high as for a year and a half. Now, 0 percent interest can only be offered on "free" money, meaning inflation behind the scenes. "Inflation" started big time when the Chinese began buying Federal Reserve notes with "dollars" they have gotten from the likes of Walmart and other big time buyers of foreign goods. These dollars went to the banks and these so-called credit companies. But, on the books, this "inflation" might not be inflation because "new" dollars did not have to be printed. So, again, it is terminology. If you don't know the "system" (the mechanics) you cannot tell what is what. It is extremely difficult to learn things when you have the chicken and egg syndrome going on all of the time; that is, words and concepts. ... felix

Bret4207
01-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Guys, I understand the system is far more complex than I the way I stated it. One of the guys I work with is a former Wall Street type (yeah, I know...) and something of a genius in economics. He spent quite some time explaining modern economics to me, to the point I actually understood the gist of the problems. It all one big smoke and mirrors game. Thing is, we're more or less at the top of the heap. Unless there's something better someplace else I'll hope for the best while preparing for the worst as I can.

cbrick
01-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Thank you Officer Bret.

Nueces
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Bret, for saying it out loud. Noticing what is right and good does not mean denying what is wrong and bad. It's of a piece with telling the truth to sit up now and then just to notice that a great bunch of the big, basic issues are being well handled.

Mark

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. Sir Winston Churchill

MGySgt
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
A- Men Brother Bret!