PDA

View Full Version : My best friend has passed

bart55
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I have not been on the board for awhile ,while we were vacationing in Florida ( Disney with the kids and grandkids ) my wife got sick and after three weeks in the hospital ,she went home with the Lord . My partner ,confidant ,lover ,fishing buddy and best friend is gone .I have a few places to spread her ashes ,The rocky coast of Maine ,The St Lawrence river near Gananoque Ontario and a spot on the Tunkhannock creek where we fished and talked . Heck she even climbed a couple of mountains with me hunting whitetails . Lupus and Schleroderma were what finally stopped her ,but she had a fighting spirit till the end .Cherish each day with your loved ones for it will be the moments you will remember . thanks for listening , I guess I am just missing her Mark c

cowboy
07-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss; you both sound like folks I would have liked to know better. Prayers up from me and my wife, hoping you may find some comfort in your time of need.
May God bless and keep you and yours.
Paul and Ida

legend
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Bart,i can't imagine..

Be glad for your time together,that was a blessing i can tell.

exile
07-03-2011, 08:17 PM
So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

exile

Bret4207
07-04-2011, 07:13 AM
My sincerest condolences.

Dean D.
07-04-2011, 07:23 AM
My condolences Bart. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Words definitely fail to express the sorrow in times like this.

Rockydog
07-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Bart, Words are of little condolence. In times like this it seems that thoughts and prayers carry but little more. Never the less be assured that ours are with you. RD

Bad Water Bill
07-05-2011, 03:31 AM
My condolences Bart. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Words definitely fail to express the sorrow in times like this.

Just remember this IS a family and many of us have gone thru the same loss, (a wife and daughter) so feel free to contact us and we will try to help you thru this loss.

We are here as a family to help you and share in your loss.

bart55
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Thank You all for the kind words,It all seems kind of surreal at the moment , to top it off my Mother in law who was also a dynamic and beautiful woman ,joined my wife a few days ago ,doctors terminology aside I believe it was from a broken heart . They will be missed but not forgoten .I feel so blessed to have had two such wonderful women in my life . I am going to hunt this year with my wife,s little 243 and her 45 cal flintlock hawken . She had more than one proud BP shooter up set about 30 years ago when during a turkey shoot ( we were shooting at a hard boiled egg on a string ,she watched everybody miss then said let me try that ,I like those open sights . needless to say she hit the egg won the grand prize and had half the men there in flux. Had to share that . Thanks again to a wonderful bunch at the cast boolit society Bart

Char-Gar
07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I am very glad you have such a wonder relationship with her. Far to many people don't have that. Love is a double edged sword. It is so rich and wonderful on one side, but it hurts so bad when you loose the one you love.

Please be assured of my prayers for you as you find your way through the pain and loss.

dragonrider
07-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Bart, my condolences on your loss.

white eagle
07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Mark
I am so very sorry to hear that
it has to be hard
try and remember the good times and forget he sad
blessed are we
be strong

BBA
07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
My condolences to you.

DoubleAdobe
07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know you friend, but your message got me. I myself would be so lost and helpless without my sweet wife of almost 35 years and I certainly can get a small glimmer of your pain. I dread the day also when we have to say goodbye. May God's grace see you through this very difficult time for you and all your friends and family. You will be in my prayers tonight, brother.
DoubleAdobe

mroliver77
07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Bart my sincerest condolences!

Jay

JeffinNZ
07-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Thoughts are with you.

Circuit Rider
07-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Bart, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. CR

jmsj
07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Bart,
I know we have never met but I you have my deepest sympathies. My family will pray for you and yours.
jmsj

bart55
07-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Once again thank you for the kind words

Multigunner
07-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Don't know how to put what I feel into words.

I just yesterday thought of playing back the video tapes I made at Christmas a few years back, but can't bring myself to do so now. Maybe later on, when I've dealt with the situation a bit better.

The Japanese believe that a person continues to live so long as a living person holds their memory and honors their deeds.

Science can not even establish self awareness by objective observation, theres definitely more to life than just our physical body.
One day we will all meet again in that as yet undiscovered country beyond corporeal borders.

Murphy
07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
My condolence to you and the family. You seemed to have truly been blessed with such a loving, caring wife and her mother as well. May time gently ease your pain as you covet all the wonderful memories of 35 years.

Murphy

07-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Mark, there is a saying that I love to keep close--"Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away". Seems you and yours have had many like that. Be so very happy to have had that kind of a relationship with your life mate. Like another alluded to--memories keep your loved ones alive and with you. So sorry you are grieving and that is natural because of that void where love abided. You have your memories. Keep them close and be thankful that the Lord allowed you all those happy years. Am sure she would not want you saddened by her passing through the veil of life into eternity. While you are mourning just remember those wonderful years of loving, living, and laughing together. May God give you His peace and strength through these times.

David2011
07-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Bart,

It has taken me since the day you posted to be able to respond. I have felt your pain and my heart goes to you. My best friend, lover and confidant got brain cancer after we had been married 6-1/2 years. She died at the young age of 28. That was 23 years ago and I still think of her every day.

All I know to say to you is that once the initial pain and shock has diminished the wonderful memories will fill your soul. In time, they will comfort you.

God be with you.