PDA

View Full Version : Hand loaded FULL HOUSE 32 S&W

Guesser
07-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Had my 31-1 out this morning. Hundred rounds of hand loaded Full power 32 S&W down range. Good outing!!

UnderDawgAl
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Sounds great to me! I'll get a nice Model 30 or Model 31 one of these days, preferably with 4" barrel. "FULL HOUSE" - You might get heckled by others, but, from what I've read, 32's can be loaded hotter than the anemic factory loads.

I've got some 32 Long brass for my Ruger Single Six, and I've only loaded wadcutters in that caliber, saving the other boolits for the 32 mag brass--for no good reason except that's how it worked out.

Guesser
07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
My "full house" load is a cast 313249 over 1.7 gr. of Bullseye, that's a full enough house for me. I have three Colt Police Positives that use the same load. The little guns are great fun!!! I put a clay pigeon on the hill side about a hundred yards away and shoot at it. It gives me time to contemplate my next shot, long range shooting with 32 S&W in small frame fixed sight revolvers. great fun!!!!

Olevern
07-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Nothing like a 32 to spend a lot of time shooting for a little bit of coin.

NoZombies
07-04-2011, 10:42 AM
My "full house" .32 long loads involve 1.9 gr of powder and 90-100 gr of lead SWC.

Kicks like a mule, but I like the abuse. ;)

Guesser
07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
The recoil is tolerable for only a hunnet rounds and then I have to shift to my soft loads in my S&W Model 57. Can only take so many of those "full house" 32 S&W rounds. Maybe if it was in an "N" frame I could handle it easier!!!!!!!

NoZombies
07-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Now there's an Idea... I'd love an N-frame .32, as long as it was done right.

What I really want though, is a stainless steel model 16. I know they were never made, but that's beside the point.

Guesser
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Under the original S&W numbering system when they first produced SS it should be a Model 616. Sounds good to me cuz' it's my story; and you're welcome to it.
That would be a nice one to have.

NoZombies
07-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Yup, a 616 it would be. I'd take it with the full lug if I had to, but I'd prefer it without.

Man, I bet if they made those, they'd sell more than a few. Heck, I would pony up and buy one brand new, and I'm a cheap bastid, so that's saying something.

I think the reason they aren't currently making a K-frame .32 is because they stopped making the last ones before the advent of the internet. With the internet, and all of the people who have been influenced by reading the ramblings of the various .32 proponents; Glen Fryxell, Ed Harris, etc. I think they would find a decent seller on their hands. Just look at the used market for model 16's, including the 16-4, the model 631 from the 90's is getting up there as well.

But Alas, S&W doesn't listen to me when I talk.

Guesser
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I would also buy a new "K" in 32. I want it to be a 6 shot. I like traditional designs even when in a new wave platform.
I'm still not fond of SS, even tho I do have a couple.

NoZombies
07-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I prefer looking at a well blued gun, and shooting them, but when I carry a gun in the woods, on the trail, etc. I like it to be as low maintenance as possible, and a SS K-frame .32 would fit the bill for many of my outdoor activities quite well.

I totally agree with making the gun a 6 shot, and without that blasted lock. They're making a bunch of guns in their "classics" series, maybe if enough people call and write, they'll bring back the model 16. It would be blue steel, but I'd still buy it. :)