PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson 357 mag

6bg6ga
07-03-2011, 07:37 AM
About 20yrs or more ago I owned a nice 4" barrel Dan Wesson 357 revolver. Being younger and not holding on to my guns I traded it in on something else. Now the wife would like a nice 357 in which to shoot some 38cal target loads in. What ever happened to all the Dan Wessons that used to frequent the gun shows? I realize there are better guns out there but she liked the feel of the Dan Wesson. Anyone know what the going price of one is and where one could be had?

Walt
07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I work part time for a friend at his gunshop. We might buy one Dan Wesson revolver a year. The price is all about condition but they sell pretty cheap as quality firearms go. Good luck!

Wayne S
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

bhn22
07-03-2011, 10:05 AM
People seem to be holding on to them in the hope that they will someday become valuable collectors items. That's the funny thing about the English language. It's the only language where "fat chance", and "slim chance" mean the same thing. There are a few exceptions of course, but the ones I see that sell, go for less than a comparable S&W or Ruger. Ya gotta find somebody that really wants one.

OuchHot!
07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
From my experience with two of them they were very accurate, durable and unappreciated. With the market for them so low, I would imagine those who have them see no reason to part with them. Just a guess.

mongo
07-10-2011, 11:10 PM
I have one I had purchased about 35 years ago. It came with a 2-4-6 and an 8in barrels. Great shooter, Very well made with a blueing you could see your reflection in. Bought it used from someone that had it for some time before selling it to me. Dont know how old it is.

TCLouis
07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
If anyone sees a model 14/15 6" pork chop shroud and barrel for sale please let me know.

The Dan Wessons (especially true with factory wood grip stocks) do have a unique feel compared to any other manufacturer.

I like it, but do have to adjust mindset/feel every time I shoot mine

bowfin
07-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Dan Wesson revolvers are once again in production by CZ, as of last spring.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dw715/

I will have a Dan Wesson some day, the Good Lord willing.

Most guys who are shooters and own one or more Dan Wessons are loathe to give them up.

NoZombies
07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I see them locally with some frequency (maybe one in a shop every month or two) but never the one I want. (I want the .32)