PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a K31 Stock

versifier
01-06-2007, 08:54 PM
The stock on my K31 looks like a cat's scratching post. The metal is perfect. It's everything you would ever want in a rifle: well made, accurate, and would be a real looker, too, but for the stock. The only places I have found so far for replacements are GPC and Boyd's. Boyd's prices aren't too bad, but the non-mil stock they offer looks uglier than a barrelful of a$$....you know what I mean. It has a raised right hand cheekpiece, and I want something ambidextrous as I have lots of left handed family & friends. Anybody know where I can find a decent walnut stock (or even a synthetic maybe) for it?

Ricochet
01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
If the beaver chewed look bothers you, Google around for some of the pages on refinishing the K-31. Some folks have started out with really nasty looking specimens and ended up with beauties.

versifier
01-07-2007, 01:23 AM
If I wanted a bubba stock, I'd do that, but all the refinishing in the world isn't going to turn that piece of much abused birch into walnut. I want to go either with a nice walnut sporter, or with a synthetic and end up with a hunting rifle about 2lbs lighter than as issued.

j4570
01-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I sold a very nice Walnut one last year I was going to "bubba" to make a sporter, but when I got it, I didn't have the heart. They Boyds came out with their sporter. That's a project for me this winter. No, it's not terribly pretty, but ok on price. Haven't tried the action in it.

I think it was Tennessee guns I got my stock from, but it wasn't cheap, I think I paid like $70 for it. Sold it for what I had in it. The gun was only like $89 delivered or something.

Try swissrifles.com classifed board and post a WTB.

Jason

qajaq59
01-09-2007, 08:24 AM
You might find some answers over here http://pub18.ezboard.com/btheswissriflesdotcommessageboard
Many of these guys have done work on their stocks.

RGRWJB
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Or you can go to my site which is listed below.