PDA

View Full Version : Printer For Chrony????

GRUMPA
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I just got a Beta Master Chrony from a member here, have yet to try it out. To dang hot and not really a lot of shade at home and rather windy right now. But here I got this thing I can't really have fun with yet and the 1 thing I was wondering is if a printer is really worth getting. Anyone of you guru's ever get one and then figured it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Dang thing is almost as pricey as what I paid for the entire unit. Just thought I'd ask opinions from people that have been their done that type of thing.

btroj
07-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I use my printer. My Chrony doesn't have the remote so when the sun was at the right angle I had a hard time seeing the readout. Printer eliminates that. I also o longer need to keep writing everything down.
Is it needed? No. Is it nice? Yes.

Ed Barrett
07-06-2011, 10:28 PM
I got a printer with my first chrono about 12 years ago, when I sold it and got a new one last year I didn't get one because I never used it. I still have to write the data into my reload notebook so
I think it's just an extra step. The paper my printer used was heat activated type and if the rools were left in a hot car they turned black.
What I would really like to see is a program for my lap top to hook directly to my chrono but it would probably want to shoot the gun too.