PDA

View Full Version : Australian Bullet Casting Metal Supplier in Brisbane

AusJohn
06-30-2011, 03:33 AM
For the Australian users (If you did not already know):grin:

I have found a small family run Smelter supplying Bullet Casting Metal to Australian shooters based in Brisbane Queensland Australia.

They have a standard 2% tin, 6% antimony and 92% lead mix in stock, in 5kg ingots, but can mix to your specification. You will need to call Kath to discuss the price and minimum quantities involved.

The standard alloy (2/6/92) mix is currently listed at $5.80 p/kg plus GST plus freight. Price varies with the cost of lead so give them a call to check the current price.

If you live in Brisbane collection can be arranged by appointment and is sold in ingots weighing approx 5kg each.

There details are

Web Site :www.northernsmelters.com.au
E-Mail : enquiries@northernsmelters.com.au

Northern Smelters Pty Ltd
178 North Road
Woodridge, QLD 4114
Brisbane
Australia

Postal
Northern Smelters Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 34
Woodridge, QLD 4114
Brisbane

Phone: 07 - 3208 2724

Fax: 07 - 3208 0505

Ausglock
06-30-2011, 04:55 AM
G'day John.
Mate, that is handy to know.
I buy my Lino from Consolidated Alloys in Brisvegas. I think they are in Acacia ridge or somewhere close to it.

The transport company I use for work are close by and bring it down to the northern Rivers for nothing.

Southern Son
07-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Some of the guys I shoot BPCR with put me on to Northern Smelters. The only warning I can give is plan to spend a little extra time there, they can be very happy to talk at times, and I probably don't help. The last time I went there, I phoned ahead and had them get about 50 pounds ready for me, I had my credit card ready, but still took more than an hour to get out. Very nice people.

AusJohn
07-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks Ausglock

I will check out Consolidated Alloys.

I have found it harder to find a good supply of w/w on the northside.

AusJohn

AusJohn
07-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks Southern Son

I have found Kath to be very frendly and helpful. I have the same problem so I will allow the extra time.

Thanks Again
AusJohn

aussie rich
07-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi guys

I saw the ad for Northern Smelters in the Aus Shooter and I was curious. Thank you all for the info, I agree the scrounge for w/w in Brisvagas is getting a little harder, I even bought a pewter tankard at the op shop this morning!, and I would rather spend the time melting,loading and shooting than driving around the tyre joints. Very time consuming.

Say 5kg for $30 would give me just over 200 350g 45/70 boolits... still less than half the price of buying them, and you can make the ones you want, I just got my Ranch Dog 50/50 mold in the mail... and it is calling me...

regards from Brisbane, and I'm glad to hear about a few leadmelters locally!

Rich

p.s. oh and first post, this is a great site!!

Ausglock
07-02-2011, 04:54 AM
G'day, Rich.
Welcome.

I only cast for handgun Ammo.
9mm, 357Sig, 38super and 40S&W.
Going to get a 45 ACP on a High Cal permit and cast for it as well.

I run cast through Glocks with no issues at all.

Most of my alloy comes from Range lead. I do buy Lino when I need some.
WW is hard to find on the northern rivers too.

jsizemore
07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I got to ask. If the money exchange rate is 1 pound = $1.50 then are you paying about $4/lb for your alloy?

Ausglock
07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
G'day.
At the moment, the Aussie dollar is buying $1.07 US Dollars.
I'm paying $5.40 AUD per Kg (roughly 2lbs) for new Lino.

jsizemore
07-05-2011, 12:33 AM
About the same as US.

SpotHound
04-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Plus 1 for Northern smelters