PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Longone
06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Ruger Vaquero or Blackhawk in 45LC, which would you choose and why. Looking to add a paper puncher.

Longone

btroj
06-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I like the BH, I want adjustable sights.

Phillip
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I would go with the Blackhawk...The adjustable sights are worth it and you can load them pretty hot.

EDK
06-27-2011, 10:47 PM
I would go with the Blackhawk...The adjustable sights are worth it and you can load them pretty hot.

If you get a VAQUERO, get an Original Size gun...it will have a two digit prefix (5X) serial number...same size frame as a 44 magnum and capable of RUGER ONLY LOADS. The NEW VAQUERO has a three digit prefix and is more on the range of a COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY....mild loads only, please.

I've got both BLACKHAWKS and VAQUEROS...shoot mostly VAQUEROS, but can't get the accuracy out of the same ammo with the fixed sights. (I'll catch h*** in a minute for that statement, but facts is facts....at least in my case.) I only have to please myself and the VAQUERO/BISLEY VAQUERO suits me.

:Fire::castmine::redneck:

tek4260
06-27-2011, 11:06 PM
If you get a VAQUERO, get an Original Size gun...it will have a two digit prefix (5X) serial number...same size frame as a 44 magnum and capable of RUGER ONLY LOADS. The NEW VAQUERO has a three digit prefix and is more on the range of a COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY....mild loads only, please.

I've got both BLACKHAWKS and VAQUEROS...shoot mostly VAQUEROS, but can't get the accuracy out of the same ammo with the fixed sights. (I'll catch h*** in a minute for that statement, but facts is facts....at least in my case.) I only have to please myself and the VAQUERO/BISLEY VAQUERO suits me.

:Fire::castmine::redneck:

No mechanical reason the Vaquero won't shoot as good as a Blackhawk. They just never seem to shoot to the sights for me and the sight picture isn't worth a flip compared to nice adjustables.

Then fit and finish of a New Vaqureo is head and shoulders above an original Vaquero and a Blackhawk. The exceptions are the 50th Anv Blackhawks, Mid-frame 44's, and I imagine the new FT 45's.

DanWalker
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
I wen with the blackhawk. 5 1/2". Haven't regretted it a bit. I see no noticeable difference in accuracy between it and the 7 1/2" gun it replaced.
I can't abide fixed sights, especially the crappy ones on the Vaquero's.

Dale53
06-28-2011, 12:22 AM
I have both the Bisley Blackhawk (SS) and the original Bisley Vaquero in 5½". They both shoot exceptionally well and I am quite fortunate that the Vaquero shoots to the sights at 25 yards.

However, if I were buying just one, it would be the Blackhawk, hands down, due to it's adjustable sights. I shoot a variety of bullets and NEED adjustable sights. The adjustable sights give a much better sight picture, also.

No brainer, to me...

Dale53

Longone
06-28-2011, 05:40 AM
I think the "eye's" have it, adjustable sights will allow for the tuning of ammo among other things.

Thanks for the replies, now the search begins. :Fire:

Longone

Bret4207
06-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Adjustable sights vs a hog wallow? No choice whatsoever! Get the BH.

MtGun44
06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Another vote for adjustable, and the are a superior sight picture as well.

Bill

Whitworth
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Add another vote for the Blackhawk......

H.Callahan
06-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Add another vote for the Blackhawk......Ditto!

white eagle
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I wen with the blackhawk. 5 1/2". Haven't regretted it a bit. I see no noticeable difference in accuracy between it and the 7 1/2" gun it replaced.
I can't abide fixed sights, especially the crappy ones on the Vaquero's.
I'm with Dan on this one ...\
Blackhawk all the way [smilie=w:
specially bisley blackhawk[smilie=w:

matsu
06-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Accu Sport Bisley 5 1/2 " dual cylinder Blackhawk

PacMan
07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I think that Lipsey has a .45 Colt out right now in the flat top. I will be trimer and lighter.

bigboredad
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM
blackhawk all the way if you can only have one. i had the opportunity to pick up a bisley vaquero and it is fabulous but the loads that shoot point of aim is a 340gr loping along about 1000fps. Which for me is ok since that is my favorite bullet at any speed but not everyone likes wants or needs that so go adjustable you won't be sorry