PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Pro-7 Press Help Please

sleeper78
06-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I recently acquired a Hornady Pro-7 progressive press. Unfortunately Hornady doesn't have any parts for this press anymore. It works fine but I need more shell plates. I've been in contact with Hornady and the Lock N Load and Pro-jector shell plates are not compatible with the Pro-7. Does any one have any leads on where I could get some shell plates for this press. I have the 38/357 plate which I think works for the 7.63X39 too. I'm looking for plates that will work for 380, 9mm, 45acp, 223, and 44. Any help would be great. Also, you if any of you have plates for this press you want to get rid of let me know.
Thanks

buck1
06-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I see them on ebay sometimes.

cheese1566
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
May to have find the ProJector plates and have someone drill the detent dimples into the bottom. You could use the 38-357 shellplate as a model. If worse came to worse...

I just ordered some parts from Hornady last week for my Pro7. True, some are now obsolete, but you can still buy some parts. Use the Projector parts list and email Hornady with specific numbers for availability and price quotes.

I "updated" my Pro7 to the Projector style primer mechanism and case eject system. No primer tubes are available, but you can still get the primer cups and punches.

jcw1970
06-27-2011, 10:14 PM
do they still have the projector base plate available? it's not that hard to change out. i upgraded a pro-7 to a projector once for the same reason. If you update the base plate, you can use LNL shell plates also.

TCFAN
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Sleeper78
Welcome to the best shooting and boolit casting site on the web.

I have a number 1 plate for a Pro7.Least I think that is what it is for.Won't work on my Projectors. If you can use it you can have it if you will pay postage. Send me a PM if you want it with your address....................Terry

sleeper78
06-29-2011, 12:46 AM
do they still have the projector base plate available? it's not that hard to change out. i upgraded a pro-7 to a projector once for the same reason. If you update the base plate, you can use LNL shell plates also.

How would I go about do that?

jcw1970
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
How would I go about do that?

Well call Hornady and see if they still have the part. If not, no need in going any further.

sleeper78
07-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Well call Hornady and see if they still have the part. If not, no need in going any further.

I will do that and we will go from there.