PDA

View Full Version : One piece firing pin for Marlin 1895/336 question

Leadforbrains
06-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi All,
I have a question about the Firing pins for the Marlin 1895/336. There appears to be no return spring. Is this correct?
I removed the two piece firing pin and all that came out were the Two pins, two pieces to the firing pin and a flat spring that appears to be used to align the two pieces. I installed the long hunter one piece tool steel firing pin per instructions that came with it, and there is no mention of a firing ping spring or any place for it on the pin. The springs in the spring kit are for the main hammer spring and the lever button spring no mention of a firing pin spring. I also checked the scematics on Brownells website and I have all the original parts accounted for.
Is this correct?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Calamity Jake
06-25-2011, 09:23 PM
No firing pin return spring on the marlin when the lever is pulled down it pull the FP back to the fire position.

Leadforbrains
06-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank You sir!!!!

bigted
06-26-2011, 12:32 PM
i recently realized the same thing with my marlin shorty 45-70. had fired black thru it and wanted to be sure i got everything out so took it to parade rest...completely!

when i got to the firing pin i too looked for the return spring....none! i then took painfull time to realize the same thing that is mentioned above...the lever ...in its backward stroke...returns the pin to battery for the next shot. this seems over simple to me and im pleased that some manufacturers actually rely on good old fashioned engineering to complete the action needs for their moving parts instead of going with the flow and "safing" everything with springs n such.

i love my marlins and wish everybody had one...they just work with the simplicity that always made them a hot example for the money.

Leadforbrains
06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
i recently realized the same thing with my marlin shorty 45-70. had fired black thru it and wanted to be sure i got everything out so took it to parade rest...completely!

when i got to the firing pin i too looked for the return spring....none! i then took painfull time to realize the same thing that is mentioned above...the lever ...in its backward stroke...returns the pin to battery for the next shot. this seems over simple to me and im pleased that some manufacturers actually rely on good old fashioned engineering to complete the action needs for their moving parts instead of going with the flow and "safing" everything with springs n such.

i love my marlins and wish everybody had one...they just work with the simplicity that always made them a hot example for the money.

Great Post! :drinks: