PDA

View Full Version : Score!

Gswain
06-25-2011, 10:14 AM
:guntootsmiley::happy dance:

Just made a deal to pick up an unused Marlin 1895G with black wood, 250 lead cast bullets, 300 pieces of brass, pound of powder, 500 primers, full set of dies, AND a 10/22 with 4000+ rounds in an ammo can for 900 bucks. [smilie=w:

Been looking at getting a 45-70 for a while, and this just came along. Now i guess ill have to get casting stuff for this too... :killingpc

bigted
06-26-2011, 12:41 PM
congrats on a great rifle....rifles. that shorty 45-70 will make the smile continue for years to come. im betting that if you hunt with it...you will smile every-time you set down for a home cooked meal containing the game you drag home from the boom droppings from it as well.

you don't have to cast for it but the fun and pocketbook will be very happy if you do. get the lyman and rcbs moulds for lever actions and try some of muddy's lead for starters ...unless you have a free spot to get lead.......muddys lead is around a buck a pound and this is delivered to your nearest mail office.....and its already clean and in ingot form for your convenience.

congrats on the marlin and let the fun roll.

MT Gianni
06-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Nice score, let me be the first to suggest Ranch Dog molds.

August
06-27-2011, 09:05 AM
When I was younger, the word "score" was reserved for completing a transaction where an illegal substance was the object of the business.

We "purchased" firearms. Or, we "found" an opportunity.

Am I the only person vexed by the use of doper rap terminology to describe a fortuitous transaction involving firearms ?

Gswain
06-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Or you could look at is as in reference to a goal, frankly im surprised that the term "score" makes you immediately think drugs and causes you to bristle. To each their own though. Only thing with the ranch dog molds is they are only available with a GC, and im not convinced that I want to go that route. Figure once I get it out of "gun jail" ill slug the bore and see what i have to work with.

waksupi
06-27-2011, 11:03 AM
When I was younger, the word "score" was reserved for completing a transaction where an illegal substance was the object of the business.

Am I the only person vexed by the use of doper rap terminology to describe a fortuitous transaction involving firearms ?

In my area, it was used to denote success with the fairer sex.

Longwood
06-27-2011, 11:25 AM

When I was younger, a "Doper" was someone who put fabric on aircraft wings. Remember when "Cool" meant nearly cold? Or are you too young.
Why do YOU use what you call "Doper rap" if you are so vexed by it?:kidding:
Times change and so does the meanings of lots of words and phrases. Try communicating with a teen these days.

Gswain
06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
. Try communicating with a teen these days.

Text or twitter are the only reliable methods. :killingpc

btroj
06-28-2011, 07:35 AM
In my area, it was used to denote success with the fairer sex.

Yep, we were usually looking to score but didn't listen to rap and didn't do drugs.

MGySgt
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Funny, I have a RD 350 grain that is NOT a GC - got it from one of the first group buys Michael put on.

Haven't shot any, don't even think I cast any of those yet. Have the 350 GC too and that shoots great - 3031

grubbylabs
06-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Where is the picture of said gun?

Gswain
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Its in jail, no pics yet. when it gets out, pics.

grubbylabs
07-01-2011, 01:40 AM
:sad: bummer dood.

Swede44mag
07-01-2011, 09:33 AM
:guntootsmiley::happy dance:

Just made a deal to pick up an unused Marlin 1895G with black wood, 250 lead cast bullets, 300 pieces of brass, pound of powder, 500 primers, full set of dies, AND a 10/22 with 4000+ rounds in an ammo can for 900 bucks. [smilie=w:

Been looking at getting a 45-70 for a while, and this just came along. Now i guess ill have to get casting stuff for this too... :killingpc

Congrats on your SCORE.
(I got a good “SCORE” on my English test)
The word score has different meanings for different people none of which mean drug dealings to me.

To buy an Unused rifle with all the stuff to make ammunition sound kind of fishy to me.
If I had all the equipment to reload for the rifle you can bet that I would have at shot it.

Longwood
07-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Years ago I scored a Winchester 52 really cheap because it had a score mark in the forend.
I got great scores every time I shot it in competition.:lol:

Gswain
07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Congrats on your SCORE.
(I got a good “SCORE” on my English test)
The word score has different meanings for different people none of which mean drug dealings to me.

To buy an Unused rifle with all the stuff to make ammunition sound kind of fishy to me.
If I had all the equipment to reload for the rifle you can bet that I would have at shot it.

I would be suspicious too, but the guy was getting a divorce, and this particular 45-70 had been a safe queen. He had never shot it. I believe he had been using his 2 other 45-70s. :coffeecom The dies, powder, primers, and box o' boolits are all unopened, and the 45-70 itself is absolutely flawless. Had factory box, and everything.