PDA

View Full Version : 32 WCF cast vs. 30 WCF Power Point....

mtngunr
01-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Not much of a competition, as we know, but had fun with a quick and useless non-scientific experiment over the holidays....fired them at 20yds into rows of water-filled milk jugs, both to catch them and to compare bullet behavior.....the test subjects were 4ea gallon milk jugs backed by a 2gal clothes detergent spouted dispenser (double the length of the milk jugs).....the 115gr RNFP PB's cast of 20:1 were doing approximately 1500fps, destroyed the first jug, split the second from top to bottom in multiple areas, made a nice entrance hole in the third and dinged the far side, the bullet doing the classic front 1/3rd mushroom thing with expansion to .50cal+ (.54" max).....the 2200fps+ 150gr Power Points out of the 30 WCF destroyed the first three jugs, split the fourth in multiple areas, and put a nice entrance hole in the detergent jug from where it was recovered, another perfect front 1/3rd mushroom, with expansion again to .50cal+ (.58" max).....I'd say both loads/velocities are about ideal for the respective bullets, but I'd slow the 32 WCF down to about 1200fps if I were looking to eat what I shot....who says "science" isn't fun?.....