PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers!

Freightman
06-24-2011, 08:53 AM
It has been six months and no rain, snow ect, we are suffering through the worst drouth ever since man started keeping records since 1885 here. Forecast say we will break the hottest temp ever today, we need prayers of righteous men.

smoked turkey
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I have sent prayers out for your dry conditions. Hope is in sight.

garbear
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Prayers on the way. Wish we could send our extra water to you.
Garbear

Jim Flinchbaugh
06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
We are the opposite here in Montana, much of the state is under water, ending our 25 year drought. Hopefully yours ends better.

jmsj
06-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Freightman,
You are not kidding it is dry!
Last week I went from near Cimmaron, NM through Boy's Ranch and onto Clarendon, TX, a little over 300 miles. The only green patch (other than irrigated crops) I saw was between Delhart and Texline (I think) and it was only a half mile long. I saw a place near Washburn that had a grass fire and they had a vinyl fence. The fire had melted the fence and the melted fence looked like someone had sprayed whip cream all over the ground.
You have got our prayers too. We are in the same boat as you all, so please add us to your list.
God Bless, jmsj

crabo
06-24-2011, 12:37 PM
You got it!

rockrat
06-24-2011, 01:12 PM
You got em. My nephews are farmers in OK, and its pretty bad where they are too.

Not as bad as you are though.

twotoescharlie
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
pretty dry here also, this morning I saw tree following a dog around.

TTC

gray wolf
06-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Prayers sent for you.
It's nuts all over the place, here it is the 20 something of June and we had fire up the wood stove. In Maine we have had it dry for a few days and then day's of rain.
The weather here now is like September.
It ain't right

Olevern
06-24-2011, 01:48 PM
pretty dry here also, this morning I saw tree following a dog around.

TTC

that's really funny!

prayers gone out

Olevern

David2011
06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Some of the agricultural land that doesn't have pivot irrigation in West Texas looks like the pictures of the Dust Bowl. Sunday night it looked like I was driving into smoke or fog. It turned out to be dust and the wind wasn't blowing all that hard. It is bad. Prayers for all of us!

David

Dean D.
06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Been saying prayers for y'all for some time now. Part of my prayers have been to swap weather with you. It was down to 35 last night and we have had almost continual rain all spring. We sure wish we could divert some of down your way so we could dry out. Our snow pack water content was 330% this year!

Lets hope the weather patterns change for the good soon.

geargnasher
06-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I'd gladly swap weather with the states that are having record flooding. Trees are dying and the rivers and creeks are drying up here, hasn't EVER been this bad. Less than two inches of rain in seven months, this area averages 32 inches a year. Half our state is on fire, half of others are underwater. It ain't right.

Gear

mold maker
06-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd gladly swap weather with the states that are having record flooding. Trees are dying and the rivers and creeks are drying up here, hasn't EVER been this bad. Less than two inches of rain in seven months, this area averages 32 inches a year. Half our state is on fire, half of others are underwater. It ain't right.

Gear

Sure wish I could share with ya. We've had between 1 and 2 inches most every week. Some local flooding and a lot of wind damage from the thunder storms, is about all the damage. I've got a lot of outdoor work put off because of it, and the heat.

Echo
06-25-2011, 09:38 AM
SE AZ has only had about 1/2 inch of rain so far this year - we usually have had about 3.5 by this time. That is most of the reason that we are having the range and forest fires making the news. That and illegals coming over the border and making camp fires to stay warm - nights get dang cold in the desert.

skeettx
06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello All
Please continue the prayers for Amarillo, around
109 yesterday and a TOTAL of .75 inches of moisture for the YEAR !!
Mike

Ajax
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I will pray for my brother Texans. I just wish I could send ya'll some better weather.

Andy

skeettx
06-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Praise God!!
1/2 inch of rain last night
Keep on praying please.

1874Sharps
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
May God hear these prayers of the remnant. May a great revival fall across this land of ours like rain and turn the hearts of men and women to faith in Christ as well!