PDA

View Full Version : Fathers' day surprise

BruceB
06-20-2011, 03:13 AM
my wife presented me with a VERY small and lightweight box this morning.

In the box was a letter, saying "This is not a piece of paper. It is actually either a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle, or a Ruger 1911 .45, your choice. Both are unavailable right now, but will be coming eventually."

Heh...tough choice! I decided that the new LEFT-HAND version of the Scout would be my selection, because we have several 1911s already taking up house room, and recent medical troubles have affected my eyesight to a substantial degree.

I don't know how long it'll take to shake a left-hand Scout out of the bushes, but I'm already anticipating eagerly. (It WON'T have a forward-mounted scope, because I think that's as useful as mammaries on a male bovine...different strokes, right?)

The lady has been doing this sort of thing for several decades now; many of my best firearms were gifts from her. Yes, I do appreciate it!

DrB
06-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Nice. :)

Jim
06-20-2011, 07:19 AM
.....The lady has been doing this sort of thing for several decades now; many of my best firearms were gifts from her. Yes, I do appreciate it!

You are a blessed man, Bruce. Like you, I have a few cherished rifles that Janet bought for me.

Mumblypeg
06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
And all I got was a new Massey Ferguson 2615 tractor... Ho! I'm not even a father...