PDA

View Full Version : Silver State Ammunition

Scrounger
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Someone on Greybeards site mentioned Silver State Ammo in connection with the popular new 6.8 SPC round a few days ago. Hmmm, Silver State usually means Nevada, so I Googled it. Holy Cow, they're located about a mile from my house and I never heard of them. So today I stopped by their very discreet facility, they have only their initials on the outside. Very small operation, only 4 or 5 people there, but they do a large variety of things. They make their own brass cases from scratch, not just 6.8 but whatever anyone wants. I saw a ton of .50 BMG with Barret's headstamp on it, as well as several hundred boxes of .416 Barret loaded ammo. I never heard of that one. They are making ammo for one of the .50 calibers they're shooting in ARs, .499 something or other. I saw dozens of other unique calibers they had there and a barrel full of brass for David Tubb's new 6XC cartridge. It's marked "TUBB 6XC". They gave me samples of a lot of the stuff. The smaller lots of loaded ammo they ship are loaded right there on a Dillon 1050. They have an area set up for test firing and an Ohler for velocity and pressure checking. When they need to shoot big stuff or rapid fire, they go to the same designated shooting area on the west side of town that I and all the other local yokels use. They say they will be expanding and I've decide to see if they have any jobs for an old fart like me. I don't care what they pay, think of the fringe benefits!

bruce drake
01-02-2007, 07:40 PM
416 barrett is the 50BMG necked down to bypass California's 50 cal ban. I heard that Barrett voided the lifetime warranty on his firearms that the California Highway Patrol and LAPD are using as a means of protest.

Bruce

redneckdan
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
not only voided the warrenty, refuses to work on them for any price.