PDA

View Full Version : CBC Break Action Rifle,

Four Fingers of Death
06-17-2011, 05:44 AM
One has come up in 22 Hornet real cheap.

Anyone ever used these very basic shotgun type rifles? This one is rough outside, but has a very good bore.

Bullshop
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Not familiar with the cbc action. Who makes it?
I have a CZ - BRNO model ZBK 110 single shot break open and it is built like a tank.

Four Fingers of Death
06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Not familiar with the cbc action. Who makes it?
I have a CZ - BRNO model ZBK 110 single shot break open and it is built like a tank.

CBC same crowd that make Magtec ammo and lots of other guns. I haven't shot one, but these are also built like a tank, but it is more to fitting a barrel to what was designed to carry a 12Ga barrel in the first place than any real desire to over build it. Basicallly, like a lot of manafacturers, they have taken a single Bbl shotgun and turned it into a rifle.

These had a bit of a following for awhile because you could get shotgun Bbls and some other calibre rifle Bbls very cheaply as well.

I can't say I've seen a BRNO ZBK110 rifle.

I had a friend that was a real tightwad and he loved getting a result for little or no money. He used to hunt rabbits and foxes with a single Bbl Winchester shotgun. He managed to scrounge an old used target Bbl for his favourite price (free). He ended up trimming it, hogging out a lot of metal and built a 30/30 chambering tool (he didn't spare any expense on his lathe or mill, he was a machinist and used to do a lot of work at home to earn extra money (din't know why, I never saw him spend any, lol). The thing was a pretty neat fit in the Bbl and it rode on orings which kept it in place. It stopped just short of the choke. It didn't have an extractor, but had a cut in the end exposing the edge of the rim, he used the next round reversed to pull the fired case out. He had a set of homemade sights that were held in place by radiator hose clips. Like I said, he was cheap.

He built a set of dies and a loading tool after borring some of my gear for ideas. He downed a few goats, pigs and even a deer (they didn't seem to be as widespread in those days).

He was pretty pleased with it, but ended up inheiriting a nice old SxS Greener and he used that pretty exclusively from that point on.

He was a very inventive, interesting guy, I lost contact with him before I moved to the country in 1990.

He even fiddled about making his own shotshells, until I bought him a sandbag full of used shotshells from work

Bullshop
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
The ZBK 110s I see on auction generally go in the $400.00 range. If you find one be sure it has the scope mounting system with it. It is rather unique and hard to find.
Mine is a 222 but the hornet seems more common.