PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 450 Scope

Bull Schmitt
06-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I am in the process of try to restore/rebuild/rescue a Stevens Arms and Tool Co. 450 scope (circa 1906). I got it at a gun show a couple weeks ago and it was in need of serious repair. The steel tube is 29 inches long and has brass tubing lining it. The tube had a bend in it and a couple serious dents. The front lens is missing. It appears the rear lens and crosshairs are okay as they are enclosed in a brass tube about 6 inches long. I have removed the dents and have it just straightened. The original mounts came with it and are okay. Research has indicated these scopes were 4 power.

Does anyone know anything about these scopes? I am not sure I have all the parts for the scope. Is there a schematic available? What lens do I need for the front? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baron von Trollwhack
06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I had my 438 Lyman repaired by Optical Services Company, Santa Teresa, NM, at 915-740-4290.

The price was reasonable and the work excellent. Reasonable turnaround too. I do not know if they will re-do exteriors though. You may wish to call and consult on their services.

BvT

Bull Schmitt
06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Many thanks!!