PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Disney World

Charlie Two Tracks
06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
We are headed out tomorrow with our Granddaughter (13) and a friend of hers in our motor home for a week at Disney. I have saved up time so I can take a total of 20 days (counting Holiday and weekends) off. I am so glad I can take some time off and try to make some memories for Kiah. Not working for that long should feel great.......:)

WildmanJack
06-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Charlie,
Good for you, coming to Florida this time of year, you will not have the insane mobs that the season brings... BUT... It will cost you $90.0 and change for a day!!! I'm sure Walt is turning over in his grave knowing what they're charging for a day. I haven't been there in probably 10 or 15 years, even Fla. residents getting a discount is way too much to bear. I hope u guys have a ball and bring lots of those icy things you can freeze and wrap around your neck. It's been HOT and HUMID here....
All the best,
Jack

Geraldo
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
It's been in the mid-90s and humid here, and should be about the same in Orlando. Drink a lot more water than you think you need to.

If you're a knife guy, you might slip over to Randall Knives. They won't have anything for sale unless you're really lucky, but you can look at a lot of their old stuff and unlike most places in town there is no charge.

Most of all, have fun on your trip!

Wayne Smith
06-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Was there for a week in August a couple of years ago. I'm amazed at what they do, a week in a swamp in August and not a single mosquito! I'd go back but for fishing and to have another beer in the Irish pub!

SciFiJim
06-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I will be going there the last week of July. My son works at Disneyland in California and can get us into the park for free. So, I will spend thousands of dollars to get and stay there so that I can get in for free. However, for a vacation that my 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter can and are willing spend time with the family is worth much more than that.

waksupi
06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Since you are going to be "next door", I can highly recommend the Universal Studios park.

Finster101
06-16-2011, 03:33 PM
MGM and Universal are both great and a liitle more adult oriented as well. The Tower of Terror and the Rokin' Rollercoaster are all that!

James

MtGun44
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Don't miss Kermit Weeks Fantasy of Flight Aviation museum a few miles down I-4 -

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/

Bill

Charlie Two Tracks
06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
We are in Tallahassee right now. Raining, but I can get some rest before we get there.

Baron von Trollwhack
06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Keep a close watch on the children in your party. Have a great time.

BvT

NoZombies
06-17-2011, 08:08 PM
We are in Tallahassee right now. Raining, but I can get some rest before we get there.

Depending on how long you'll be there, I can recommend some decent gun shops and such... :)