PDA

View Full Version : RCBS cowboys dies ?

6.5 mike
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Do all the their dies come with a flat point seating stem? I have a set for 32-40 & noticed when seating some pp'ed lee 8 m/m boolits for dummy rounds that it very lightly flatened the nose on one & the other wrapped with a heavier paper flatened more. TIA.

MtGun44
06-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Didn't know RCBS even had a cowboy, or that he was sick.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :bigsmyl2:

Old joke.

Bill

cajun shooter
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
The cowboy die sets are intended to be used with lead bullets for SASS type shooting. The most popular bullets are the RNFP because of the use of lever action rifles. The neck expansion stem is also larger so that case mouths may be opened to load the lead bullets. If you have a different type of bullet to load then just order a different seating stem from RCBS. All of the calibers will have the flat point seating stem unless it is changed.

August
06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
RCBS will send you what ever nose punch you require. Just ask 'em.

6.5 mike
06-14-2011, 02:32 PM
MtGun44, ok I had that coming for " the dept of fish & hose" crack I made on another thread,LOL.
cajun shooter, I are a dummy, cowboy dies - cowboy shooting, should have been able to figure that one out for myself, lol. The larger expander was the reason I went with them, see midsouth has the 38-55 dies back in stock, those will be next. Starting to gather the bits & pieces together for the two C Sharps rifles.
August, looked at the replacements on the puter, can't tell what shape the seaters are from the pics. Good idea bout calling RCBS, if they are all f/n get a extra then off to Buckshot for fitting.
Thanks for the info guys.

August
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Call them, the ladies that work the phones know about bullet shapes and will get the job done for you. Even if it's a limited run nose shape, they'll know about it and put you in the queue if necessary.

They are very good about this.