PDA

View Full Version : lyman case prep xpress

downwind
06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone try out or seen Lymans new case prep center in use?

Haven't found a video on it yet (youtube etc.)

Wondering how it compares to the RCBS unit?

JUST WONDERING- DOWNWIND :?:

milprileb
06-15-2011, 08:00 AM
well, I hope its got more power than RCBS. That unit is a HO HUM drag to use
as its clear the motor is under stress to do one function at a time and I just wonder
what the heck I was thinking when I plonked my money down and bought it.

Sheeeez. how hard is it for a motor to spin a primer pocket cleaning brush?

bushwaker
06-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I bought one. had it about 3 weeks now it has horked flawless for me. the motor seems to be verry strong a little noisy but strong. i pused the cases verry hard to see if i could stall it but it wouldn't stall. all in all i'm verry happy with it. a real time saver.

milprileb
06-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Thats the problem then: the RCBS one will not HORK like a Lyman which does HORK.

nes4ever69
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
for more power, tap in to the city power lines and get a good 3 phase motor to run it.

deltaenterprizes
07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I got one today from Midsouth. Looks good, I took it out the box and the shafts did not rotate!
I did some surgery and found that the screws in the housing holding the gearmotor assembly together had vibrated loose on the slow boat from China! I tightened the screws and reassembled all of the parts and now it works fine. The shaft at the 12 o'clock is directly driven by the gearmotor and is the strongest of the 5 positions and it drives the other 4 positions with some plastic gears. It is not a complex machine and should last a long time if not abused.
I tried to stall the motor with finger pressure against the outside deburring tool and it did not bog down!
Price is right and the accessories are included.