PDA

View Full Version : More Quakes in Christchurch, NZ

leadman
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Saw on MSN that there were more quakes in Christchurch New Zeeland today. Read there were injuries, but nothing about deaths. Hope this is the truth.

Hope all our friends over there are o.k. along with the rest of their citizens.

Von Gruff
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
This mornings news was that there were 42 injuries with two being serious but no deaths. A 5-5 followed by a 6 then 15 aftershocks up to 4.3. They are certainly having a difficult time there.

Von Gruff.

Ron
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
On the TV News here in Melbourne, some of the residents of Christchurch were saying that maybe Christchurch should be closed and everyone moved. A lot of the houses in the suburbs have apparently sunk as a result of the land being liquified by the quakes. Others were saying how they will be moving to Wellington and some to Australia because their kids are frightened of staying in Christchurch.

I hope that all of our Kiwi friends stay safe.

9.3X62AL
06-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I share Ron's thoughts, and hope all in Christchurch can come to terms with living in a quake zone. Being in California, such occurrences are in the back of my mind.

JeffinNZ
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Others were saying how they will be moving to Wellington.....

MOVE TO WELLINGTON! Are they nuts!? Wellington is built plumb dead centre of the fault line that is the reason NZ exists.

Outta the frying pan into the fire IMHO.