PDA

View Full Version : Schools

LedShed
06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm looking into gun smithing as a living and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Murray State in Toshomingo, OK. Opinions on any of the schools, physical or online, would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason

andremajic
06-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure how far you want to travel, but probably the best value for your money is Montgomery Community college in Troy, NC. They get students from all over the US.
http://www.montgomery.edu/acgunsmith.htm

There are only about 8 schools in the US that offer degree programs.

I've paid out of pocket for all my classes and had about 90 percent of my tuition refunded when I do taxes.

They do have a waiting list for each semester, so you aren't guaranteed a spot, but if you're lucky you'll get it.

Andy.

roysha
06-26-2011, 12:30 PM
TRINIDAD STATE JUNIOR COLLEGE.

Any credits not directly associated with gunsmithing are transferable to a 4 year college toward a Bachelor's degree.

VA approved. Excellent facilities. Lots of recreation opportunities in the area except big game hunting which the CDW (Evil Empire) is doing their d**nedest to eliminate and are succeeding admirably!

I tried to capitalize the TSJC but this stupid title thingy won't let me capitalize anything but the 1st letter. Oh well!

oneokie
06-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I've had several guns worked on by the students in their Gunsmithing Dept. and am well satisfied with the repairs.

It is a Junior College, (2 yr.) part of the Oklahoma State University system.

waksupi
06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I've worked with two guys who graduated from the Colorado School of Trades, and both are top notch gun builders and gunsmiths.