PDA

View Full Version : Hornady case trimmer/shellholder interchangability

donaldjr1969
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I recently purchased a Hornady Cam-Lock case trimmer. When I went to set it up, I found my Lee shellholders did not work. Seems that that hole in the middle of the Lee shellholder has a taper. So while it will start itself on the shaft of the trimmer, it will not fully protrude and thus the cam will not tighten down enough to allow me to attach the shellholder.

I searched for information and all I found on the forum here was that a member bought one around 2 years ago and his shellholders did not fit. But I could not locate what brand shellholder they used.

So my question is this. Will RCBS shellholders fit the Hornady Cam-Lock trimmer? If so, a trip to a local brick and mortar store will solve the problem. They only carry RCBS dies and such. If I MUST use only Hornady shellholders and no other brand, then I guess I will either have to order online or make a trip to another hunting/shooting/camping/etc store 60 minutes away and hope that they have what I want in stock.

06-09-2011, 06:20 PM
What about just enlarging the hole?

donaldjr1969
06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
What about just enlarging the hole?
I thought about it. But would I drill out a hole that would fit perfectly onto the case holder shaft? Would I get it slightly off-center? So I guess it would be ok to spend the money on the Hornady (or RCBS if they fit) shellholders. All I really need right now are two of them, one for 44 Magnum/Special and another for 45acp.