PDA

View Full Version : Tang sights..

Marine Sgt 2111
06-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I have for many years owned a Shilo long range express. In the past I used the peep sight that I take it is made for hunting. I would like to now pick up a precision sight, of high quality.

So far this is what I have found: Shaver Soule and Front Sights
Browning Soule Sights wfront sight
Baldwin Soule SIghts and front sights
Kelly Soule sights
Davide Pedersoli & Co. Goodwin Long- Range Sight from cabelas

So for those of you who have shot competitively, which one do you use and why? Which ones are junk and why?
Thank you Gentlemen

Jon K
06-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Baldwin or MVA.....and don't look back.

Jon

kokomokid
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Baldwin rear, mva with level front.

Baja_Traveler
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM
The Pedersoli is a cheap copy of a quality sight. Fit and finish is second rate, making sight repeatability hit & miss. I traded mine off and put on an MVA before I was even willing to shoot my Pedersoli Sharps...

If you have ever held and admired the deep blue finish on a Colt Python, the MVA will look very familiar.

montana_charlie
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
The Pedersoli is a cheap copy of a quality sight. Fit and finish is second rate, making sight repeatability hit & miss. I traded mine off and put on an MVA before I was even willing to shoot my Pedersoli Sharps...

If you have ever held and admired the deep blue finish on a Colt Python, the MVA will look very familiar.
Are you comparing a sight that came with your rifle as a 'package' with the Goodwin style sight offered by Pedersoli?

Marine Sgt 2111,
You might also consider the sights made by Ron Heilman. They have a reputation for high quality, and at $285 his standard Soule sight is a bit less costly than some of similar quality. He will email you a 'brochure' if you contact him at r.a.heilman@worldnet.att.net

CM

Joe C
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Here's another you can throw into the mix.....

Hoke sights , very good high quality sight.

One of the things that was very handy for me , was that the sight staff is marked on both sides.
Now that i have had to start shooting left handed , it worked out well for me.

Also , his sight staff is wider/ thicker than some others i have seen ,and it allows for larger numbers on the staff making it easier to read.

http://www.kermitool.com/hoke_rifle_sight.html

Joe C

Marine Sgt 2111
06-17-2011, 07:25 AM
That you gentlemen, I must admit that sights for sharps have come a long way in 28 years...(old coot kickin' in now):D