PDA

View Full Version : another question

wgr
06-08-2011, 11:06 PM
any of you guys pick a c.sharp over a shiloh sharp

BSkerj
06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I ordered my first Sharps from Shiloh Sharps..a 45-70 #1....last Nov. I was as undecided as you seemed to be...seen your post below..and just as confused. I knew this was going to be a gun of a lifetime for me and I wanted the best. Talking to both companies only made it a harder decision. I finally decided on the Shiloh Rifle Co. because I did not want to second guess myself after I purchased a rifle and have a seed of doubt if I had purchased the rifle from the right company. IF I ever can afford another I will probably go with the C. Sharps due to the fact that I could not find that much difference in the quality in both. But as stated above I have always wanted a Shiloh Sharps so I more or less went with the one I would want the most. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Westwindmike
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I toured both factories in Big Timber a few years back. Both very impressive rifles. I decided that I couldn't afford either of them. Maybe one day!

NickSS
06-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I ordered a pair of Shiloh sharps rifles in 1992 and finally got them in 1995 and to this day I am glad I bought them. However, Since I ordered the two Shilohs I have picked up either direct from the company or from a previous owner 3 model 1875 C sharps rifles, 1 1874 C Sharps rifle and 2 1885 High Wall rifles from C Sharps. I am extremely happy with all of them and the longest I had to wait for any of them was 3 months. As Shiloh specializes in the 1874 model I will say that they are the best of the best in that category except that the C Sharps model 1874 I have is so close in all respects to the shiloh that there really is no choice between them.

wgr
06-13-2011, 12:46 AM
thinks alot guys