View Full Version : sweaty hands

white eagle
06-07-2011, 05:23 PM
how do you all deal with them
I was shooting today and my hands were so sweaty made my gun slippery
and almost unmanageable to shoot (Ruger Bisley 45 colt) [smilie=w:

imashooter2
06-07-2011, 10:00 PM
You can get a pitcher's rosin bag at any sporting goods store for just a couple of dollars.

firefly1957
06-08-2011, 04:17 AM
I keep a towel handy and dry hands beyond that you may get a glove with a gripping surface.

L1A1Rocker
06-08-2011, 04:26 AM
That's why IPSC guns have such heavy checkering on them.

redneckdan
06-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Rock climbers chalk. They even have handy little bags that clip on your belt and range in color from solid black to leopard print.

dale2242
06-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Rubbber grips may be one solution. Many companies make them . I like Pachmayer.....dale

white eagle
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
sorry some how I got a double post:veryconfu

skeet1
06-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Shooting gloves.

Ken

imashooter2
06-08-2011, 05:15 PM
sorry some how I got a double post:veryconfu

LOL! I thought the other post was on a different board. So I replied with the same advice.

shdwlkr
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I put on a pair of leather work gloves have dealt with the problem all my life.
there is a medical fix but you lose the sense of touch so I never did it many a lady has not wanted to hold my sweaty clammy hand because of it but then a few have and I have been so honored that said nothing but just smiled and said they understood.

bearcove
06-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Move to the desert.

shdwlkr
06-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I do live in the desert has not changed things one bit

1Shirt
06-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I would go with fingerless shooting gloves!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

cajun shooter
06-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I would use a towel and rosin bag. If you decide to shoot in any type of competition, some don't allow the wearing of gloves. You need to take some classes on calming the body at rest. I'm serious and not joking and I also am not saying that you have mental problems. Some people, I've seen it many times while training police officers have a internal switch that turns on when doing certain things. They will be fine right up to the point of picking up the gun and then it all happens. They have very sweaty hands, faster pulse and so on. It's the same when you hear about a hunter that misses a deer because of buck fever. You have to train your body that when you shoot you need to be cool, calm and collective. When you train and keep telling your body to see front sight in focus and hold at 6 on the target, some of this will go away as you have something else to think about.

shdwlkr
06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I have had a lot of tests done over the years and it is just when the weather gets to certain temperature and the humidity is at a certain level my hands sweat. I can be sitting in chair reading and it happens.
Best they have come up with is that I am just different.

troy_mclure
06-12-2011, 12:32 AM
gloves, or rub some antiperspirant on your hands 10 mins or so before you start shooting.

geargnasher
06-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Gold Bond.

Gear

cajun shooter
06-12-2011, 11:17 AM
123Diesel Benz, You are quite correct in your posting. I myself have been on BP medicine for about 5 years and when I am at home it is always 118/75 or lower. When I go to any doctor it goes up. I finally asked and was told with a laugh to not worry about it as it is called White Coat Syndrome and is very normal. This is the same type of occurrence that I was referring to when I posted about only becoming sweaty when the gunfire was about to happen. Again it does not make you any less of a person, it just requires some work to learn to control some of your feelings at certain times. We have an older SASS member that shakes so bad, you would think he was suffering from sort of terrible disease. The second that buzzer goes off he is like a rock and makes his hits. Once the match is over his shaking returns. I will give you another example. The singer Mel Tillis had such a bad stutter that he could not have a normal conversation but if he sang the words he wanted to say, they were all said perfect. I hope that this will help those who have some small problem and let them know to not give up but work on it.

Chicken Thief
06-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Here's a couple of thoughts

https://www.limbsaver.com/store/product.php?productid=16266&cat=252&page=1

http://www.antisliptapeshop.com/Product/Black-Standard-Anti-Slip-Grip-Tape-Rolls/2

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/leftiesgloves.html

Recluse
06-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I would go with fingerless shooting gloves!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

+1

I find myself doing more and more pistol shooting with a pair of fingerless weight-lifters gloves. Not so much for sweat, but instead for absorbing some of the recoil. I'm at the age where it's just not fun having a big magnum punishing you and the gloves reduce most of it.

:coffee:

Three44s
06-13-2011, 12:34 AM
This doesn't do a lick for your sweating problem but it deals with your guns in relation to your profuse palm sweating.

There are two products, CorrosionX and Ezzox and in a side by side test these were the top two products out there to "cheat" rust.

During the run off both served well for a 43 hour test. Many other well thought of products fell flat compared to these two heavy weights. According to the pictures at the web site link below .......... Ezzox looks like it beats CorrosionX.

My personal experience is with CorrosionX .......... I have found it to be a great bore treatment product for lessening the reformation of leading. The outsides of revolvers stay much cleaner and what does settle on them wipes off easily as well.

http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

Three 44s

reloader28
06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I wear gloves when I remember them.
I sweat like a pig. My hands sweat so bad they will actually drip and drip.
When I get nervous, then it gets really bad.
Feet are bad to. I can rot right thru Red Wing boots in 6 months. I finally found some boots I can keep awile. My Danners last about 1 1/2 years.

I've heard there might be a pill or something. No big deal if I lost feeling in my hands, because between carpal tunnel, constantly being smashed or cut and burning my fingers on hot boolits, I cant hardly feel anything anyway.