PDA

View Full Version : Large Pistol Primers & Over-Primer Wads in BPC Rifles

texasmac
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys,

I just authored a short article titled Large Pistol Primers & Over-Primer Wads in BPC Rifles and added it to my other web site articles. If you’re interested go to the link below. Once you’ve finished reading the article, click on the “Back to Articles Page” and check out the other articles and my Book on the Browning and Winchester BPCRs.

http://www.texas-mac.com/Large_Pistol_Primers_and_Over_Primer_Wads_in_BPC_R ifles.html

Wayne

WildmanJack
06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Great article Wayne, answered a lot of my questions. Thanks for all you do..
Jack

Four Fingers of Death
06-11-2011, 09:26 PM
WOW! Thats interesting. I think I prefer the primer seated paper I think, that would be quicker and easier to apply I'm thinking.

So many ideas, so much casting, so much reloading, so little time!

Ed in North Texas
06-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey guys,

I just authored a short article titled Large Pistol Primers & Over-Primer Wads in BPC Rifles and added it to my other web site articles. If you’re interested go to the link below. Once you’ve finished reading the article, click on the “Back to Articles Page” and check out the other articles and my Book on the Browning and Winchester BPCRs.

http://www.texas-mac.com/Large_Pistol_Primers_and_Over_Primer_Wads_in_BPC_R ifles.html

Wayne

Excellent article. While I'm commenting, I read your article on buying used rifles. Not that long ago I had an experience which bears, at least somewhat, on what you wrote in the article about the on-line selling sites (well only one). I bought a rifle on the GB site. Sent funds and the seller sent the rifle. The box arrived severely damaged and marked "Received opened in Dallas, TX" plus the usual "Damaged in Handling in the Postal Service". Sadly, the box was empty. Contacted the seller, offering to eat (or split, don't remember which now) the shipping if he'd refund the purchase price. He replied that his son had under-insured and I would have to wait until he received the insurance payment. Contacted the GB site and they informed me that I should get a full refund, including shipping. In the event, the seller balked at refund and the folks at GB wrote they would have to reconsider their relationship with the seller. I received a full refund within a couple of days of the e-Mail to the seller. I hope the Postal Inspectors recover the rifle for him, but I sure can't complain about the way I was treated by the folks at GB.

Four Fingers of Death
06-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I bought a lot of mixed charger clips off Ebay once, cost me about $30 and I was happy to get them as there were a lot of M17 clips and oother desirables included. The seller just dumped them loose in a USPS cardboard envelope. The envelope burst (or he sent it empty) and when it arrived I saw that he had stated that the value was $1. Didn't do any good on that one :(

Ed in North Texas
06-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I bought a lot of mixed charger clips off Ebay once, cost me about $30 and I was happy to get them as there were a lot of M17 clips and oother desirables included. The seller just dumped them loose in a USPS cardboard envelope. The envelope burst (or he sent it empty) and when it arrived I saw that he had stated that the value was $1. Didn't do any good on that one :(

I don't know what the situation is with regard to overseas shipping (assuming that you were in Australia then), but e-Bay recognized a problem and there is "buyer protection" now (well, at least if you use their PayPal) for situations like this (with a time limit on filing a claim). I've only been really stung once on e-Bay - buying lead. I guess maybe I'm lucky, but that loss (over $100.00) and another $6.00 loss were my only two disasters. And the lead wouldn't have been but the guy was offering a good price for "future delivery" and had no real negatives either. Future delivery turned out to be just beyond the coverage of their protection when I allowed him an extra week. Sadly, only other sellers will suffer for his actions as I sure won't be willing to be a "nice guy" when I get a sob story. Oddly enough he claimed his father had kidney cancer and the father's hospitalization caused him to be unable to meet the delivery date. I have another 18 months to be counted as a kidney cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma) 5 year survivor, so the sob story was perfect for his intended audience this time. Pure chance, but it worked.