PDA

View Full Version : Large Pistol Primers & Over-Primer Wads in BPC Rifles

texasmac
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

I just authored a short article titled Large Pistol Primers & Over-Primer Wads in BPC Rifles and added it to my other web site articles. If you’re interested go to the link below. Once you’ve finished reading the article, click on the “Back to Articles Page” and check out the other articles and my Book on the Browning and Winchester BPCRs.

http://www.texas-mac.com/Large_Pistol_Primers_and_Over_Primer_Wads_in_BPC_R ifles.html

Wayne

oldracer
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Great article. I just finished the pair of articles in the fall 2008 issue of Black Powder Magazine. In one the author notes his tests with a wad under the powder and also without one and shows accuracy pictures. In the other article, the author references early catalogs by Winchester saying no wad was necessary anywhere! I note that both article said the shooter should try everything and all the different wad types and arrangements to see what works BEST IN THEIR GUN and that seems to be the main idea here. It took me 6 months of testing and fiddling and making notes to get loads that my guns seem to be pretty happy with.