PDA

View Full Version : Midway vs. Natchez

IcerUSA
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Hello Everyone and thanks for your replies :)

Just wanted to know which you think is better to deal with, was looking at the Lee 6 cav. moulds on both sites and it seems Natchez is cheaper than Midway's sale price. If that is the case wouldn't Natchez be a good place to shop :confused:

mooman76
12-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I have shopped both and like them both. I started with Natchez but switched to Midway. The main reason I swithched was because of graphics I get my Midway order almost a week sooner due to the UPS route. The prices are basicly the same, some things cheaper and some more expensive but work out about the same. I have never delt with them personally so I can't say how customer service is but the only problems I have had with either one were mstakes I made when ordering. I like the fact that Midway lets me choose the way my order is sent so I can balance time vs. cost and I don't remember Natchez giving me that option but it was awhile ago. I still order from Natchez occationally but only if there is a big cost difference or if they have something the other doesn't. I do like Midway online better though. It is easyer to find things when I don't know the part number and compare prices by manufacturer. You might want to check out mid south shooter supplies also. They sometimes beat the others prices.

jhalcott
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Also look at the bottom line! Some outfits have a charge for every thing,Even if it is NOT your mistake ,a service charge can be applied.

lovedogs
12-30-2006, 10:28 PM
I've dealt very little with Natchez but have used Midway since it started and have never had a problem with them. One thing I really like about Midway is the way they stand behind whatever they sell. I once had a problem with a Bushnell product. Bushnell was out of stock and they mentioned that Midway had an excellent exchange on defective products. I returned it to Midway. They exchanged without question. The second (replacement) was also defective. They also replaced that one, no problem at all. I finally gave up on getting anything good made by Bushnell and switched to something else. But Midway stuck with me all the way. No argument, no problems... just darn good service. To me that's worth a LOT! They even made good on the shipping charges!

Jon K
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
I have bought from both, and ditto what lovedogs had to say. I do have to add that , the Midway website is easier to navigate and find things.

I shop around, usually between Midway, Midsouth & Graf.

Jon
:castmine:

Hunter
12-31-2006, 02:31 AM
I have placed several orders with Midway and every one was correct and servive was excellent. I also favor Brownells and Cabelas.

GLL
12-31-2006, 11:49 AM
I tend to deal mainly with MidSouth. Good prices and VERY quick delivery. They pack and wrap the boxes so even the USPS or UPS cannot damage anything !

I even got free UPS shipping on my last two orders ! :)

Jerry

Ricochet
12-31-2006, 06:04 PM
The reason I tend to buy more from Midway than from Midsouth or Natchez is that the latter two are in my state and I get stuck for sales tax.

Rick N Bama
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Since Natchez refuses to sell to the good people of AL, TN & GA, I buy from Midway. Great service at somewhat decent prices.

Rick

alamogunr
12-31-2006, 09:59 PM
The reason I tend to buy more from Midway than from Midsouth or Natchez is that the latter two are in my state and I get stuck for sales tax.

I buy from Midway and Graf for the reason Ricochet gave. Would like to buy from Mid-South since they are less than 100 mi from me. TN sales tax can run up to 9.75%. When I calculate totals for merchandise bought in state, I usually just round up to 10%. At least I'm not shocked when the total is rung up.

C A Plater
01-01-2007, 12:21 AM
I used to do business with Natchez but since I move to Alabama they wont sell to me any more so I look to Midway (best on sale), Midsouth and Graf. Midsouth has the fastest delivery for me often in 2 business days so that is sometimes worth a buck or two price difference.

j4570
01-01-2007, 08:30 AM
I have bought from all 4, Natchez, Midway, Grafs, and Midsouth, with respective amounts of stuff in that order.

I have had to work with customer service with Natchez, Midway, and Grafs, and everytime it went fine. Midsouth I only occasionally order from, and haven't had to call yet. I did make two substantial orders last week from Midsouth to take advantage of their free shipping offer.

Just price your total order amount from all of them and see what it comes out to, and then go with the cheapest total. Sometimes I pay a little more if one place has all the items in stock, so I don't have to mess with backorders/cancellations.

My understanding why Natchez refuses to sell to those states because they have contracts with the companies products they sell to distribute their products in those states and they can't both be a wholesaler and retailer in those states.

JW

rbt50
01-01-2007, 02:34 PM
i like midway i have been buying from t:Fire: hem for years and never had any problem.:Fire:

corvette8n
01-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Midway and Brownells gives you dealer prices when you send them your C&R FFL
best $30.00 I ever spent
I also use Midsouth and Natchez
bulk of business is with Midway.

alamogunr
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Midway and Brownells gives you dealer prices when you send them your C&R FFL

Grafs too!

Ricochet
01-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Natchez refuses to sell to the good people of AL, TN & GA

What? I live in Tennessee. I've bought from Natchez, though it's been a while. When did they start that? Why?

I do buy stuff from Wideners. It's worth my while to drive down there when I want stuff that would have a hazmat fee on it. Saving hazmat and shipping makes up for the tax. Sometimes I order stuff from them just for convenience and speed, too.

SGD
01-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I only shop at Midway. The employee discount is great and no shipping!

Rick N Bama
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
What? I live in Tennessee. I've bought from Natchez, though it's been a while. When did they start that? Why?

I do buy stuff from Wideners. It's worth my while to drive down there when I want stuff that would have a hazmat fee on it. Saving hazmat and shipping makes up for the tax. Sometimes I order stuff from them just for convenience and speed, too.

Go to their website then to the customer service page where you'll find "Offer not valid in Tennessee, Georgia or Alabama" Why they won't sell to us I don't know. I tried once and finally had the stuff sent to my son in KY & haven't tried to order from them since.

Rick

threett1
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I get hammered by Mo. sales tax if I order from Midway or Grafs. I have been reading with interest this thread looking for other places such as MidSouth. I have gone over to Grafs before(140miles) just because they are the only place around that carries SwissBP.

Willbird
01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I just ordered some barnes TMZ muzzle loader bullets/sabots from Midsouth, they were 16% cheaper delivered than Midway.

Bill

IcerUSA
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Did a search for handles for my new Lee 6 holer and Boses Guns came out to about 20 bucks with shipping, better than E**y hehe (www.bosesguns.com) so another one to check out ;)

Jon K
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
threett1,

Try here, Swiss & Wano & prices look good.

http://www.uppermotradingco.com/black_powder.html

Jon
:castmine:

GLL
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Lee 6-cavity handles are $12.57 at MidSouth and my shipping was free for the last two orders. ( I bought a lot of stuff ! :) )

Jerry