PDA

View Full Version : Tapco SKS 20 Round With Cast

Odessa Straight
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone use these Tapco SKS mags with cast bullet loads? I have a load (Lee SKS bullet and 26 gr. 4895) that is accurate and feeds reliably with the GI fixed SKS 10 round mag. I now want to shoot close quarter battle matches with my SKS where the 10 round stripper clips are just too slow. I'm going to give the Tapco 20 round detachables a try and have read in some reviews that there might be a problem with soft or hollow point bullets which brings up my question about cast lead bullets feeding with the Tapco magazines.
Thanks for any experiences with cast bullets out of Tapco detachable SKS mags.

Bloodman14
06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I have had no problems whatsoever with my SKS with all the Tapco hardware in feeding Lee 155-2Rs in front of H322 or H335. WCWW alloy.

Ole
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
NO problems here. All I use are the TAPCO mags.

Odessa Straight
06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Good to learn, ..makes me feel better since I've already ordered 4. The SKS is an Albanian with a bit different shape mag than the others. I've read that those Tapco 20 rounder detachable mags should fit with maybe just a little wood removal of wood in the mag well area. My main Idea of using the SKS is that I know it to be a good cast bullet shooter and if I can find my brass doesn't cost much to shoot a lot.

I probably should have posted this in the "cast bullet/military rifle" page but hey, I'm a newB.
Thanks for the info.