PDA

View Full Version : BT sniper notching die review

buck1
06-05-2011, 12:28 AM
I ordered a notching die XTP style from BT Sniper and got it today. It came well packed priorty mail. It came in a very nice storage box .
The die looks as well made as as it could be. I put the notched core BT sent in the press and ran the die down tight, that took less than a minute.
I then ran a few seated cores through it (.44 from .40) and they looked just like his. I then went to my swage press and swaged a coupple. They looked not quite filled out so I adjusted my swage die a tad 1/8 of a turn in( 2 min adjusting time) . I then swaged the rest of my cores. They turned out great!
Awsome tool. If you are on the fence about getting one , go for it! I love it and its very easy to use....Buck :happy dance:

BT Sniper
06-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Glad to hear it there Buck. That is typical when we notch the jacket to have to tighten the die ever so slightly. I think it is because the notch die folds the jacket in on it's self at the tip effectively decresing the length of the jacket slightly. This also works well for making lighter weight bullets from the same untrimmed piece of brass.

Unrealated note but let me know your thoughts on the extras I sent you. How does the .475 look sitting in a case?

If you like the looks of that .475 design I could have another attempt at the same shape and have the die ready in July.

Good shooting and Swage On!

BT