PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 452400

Upstate Matt
06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
What are these worth?

I check ebay pretty regularly and have yet to see one, only been watching for a year though and not for this in particular, but I don't recall seeing one there or anywhere.

FWIW, I don't like, "what's it worth" questions, but I had to bite the bullet (boolit) finally.

Matt

captaint
06-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Matt - Are you sure that # isn't 452460??? Those are quite common, and a very nice boolit. Mike

rintinglen
06-05-2011, 04:01 AM
the 452-400 was an alternate design to the 452-374. Intentended for the 45 ACP,It is round nose with a crimp groove. I have seen two or three on e-bay, and they seem to go for a slight premium over their more common cousin, but only a couple of dollars more. I can't see a real need for the boolit from a reloading stand point, and they are common enough not to bring out the real crazies when bidding starts, Though having said so, the next one on there will go for three hundred bucks. Sometimes there is neither reason nor wisdom in the prices on auctions.

Upstate Matt
06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I have one of the 452460 molds and don't have a current use for it, but will hold on to it because ya never know. Stuff like this is better traded IMO.

The 452400 is an old one, not in the lyman 35th; the oldest one I have. Drops a 250 gr.

I really doubted it was a rare find, just wanted to make sure. Also, if I sell I don't want to price to high and appear to be a gouger.

Thanks,
Matt