PDA

View Full Version : Sec 922(r) advice

Junior1942
12-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I ordered an ATI Ultra-Lightweight Folding Stock for my YUGO SKS in hopes that it would be lighter than the wooden stock which came on the rifle. It wasn't. The original weighs 2 lbs, 2.6 oz w/sling. The ATI weighs 2 lbs 2.2 oz wo/sling or a tad more than the original wooden stock. Both weights were stock only, sans forearm guard.

I might keep the ATI folding stock if the rifle is in complance with Sec 922(r) using it. How the heck can I tell? I googled the info but with no good results. With the ATI stock and forearm guard (2), Williams front sight (1), Williams rear sight (1), Buffer Technology buffer (1), and Murry firing pin (1), the rifle has 6 USA parts added.

Junior1942
12-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I think I found my answer. From www.simonov.net : "FOLDING OR COLLAPSIBLE STOCKS: An imported Simonov with a folding stock is illegal to possess."

singleshotbuff
12-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Junior,

Sorry I can't be of much help, but I have a Chinese SKS with an AR-15 style collapsing stock and pistol grip.

I'm not at all sure about 922 compliance, but just to be on the safe side (from things that I have read), I removed the bayonet lug from mine and retained the original 10rd fixed magazine.

From what I recall, an SKS can have EITHER a pistol grip, OR a bayonet lug OR a detachable or hi-cap magazine. But not 2 of these things. I could be wrong, if I am I hope someone with more knowledge will correct me. I don't worry about mine now, since it never leaves the farm.

SSB