PDA

View Full Version : casting weight

bxchef29
05-29-2011, 10:06 PM
hey guys i have a lee 6 cavity 230 grain tumble lube mold but when i cast i get weights from 231-239 now it dosent affect my boolits but is this normal?

mooman76
05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Not normal but not unheard of either. More than likely operator error. Make sure you don't have anything stuck between the mould halves keeping one end from closing all the way. Also make sure you aren't squeezing the sprue handle at the same time as the handles when closed. That is a common mistake and it will force the cavities open a hair.

bxchef29
05-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Not normal but not unheard of either. More than likely operator error. Make sure you don't have anything stuck between the mould halves keeping one end from closing all the way. Also make sure you aren't squeezing the sprue handle at the same time as the handles when closed. That is a common mistake and it will force the cavities open a hair.

wow i do sqeeze the spur plate cause i was afraid my mold would be all the way shut thanks for the tip will rty and see next time

1Shirt
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
The larger/heavier the blt, the higher the probability of variance. Some may be due to mold cutting proceedure, and some due to casting proceedure variance. Am inclined to think probably more than likely casting variance due to lack of consistancy. I have never had over a 5 grain variance with heavy blts from lee 6 cavs for what ever that is worth.
1Shirt! :coffeecom